You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Guns N Roses OFFICIALLY inducted into Rock n Roll Hall of Fame

misterID wrote:

I say this, if having any of the current line up inducted effects you that badly, you should protest and not watch. Even if the original five reunite, don't watch. It's the principle. And you guys have stated very clearly in this thread that the principle trumps everything else.

cool

Naltav wrote:

@axlrose: I'd like to thank the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame and our fans. This is your victory.
thu, dec 08 08:14:03 from Twitter for iPhone

Awesome. I'm telling you, there could be a scenerio where this happens. It's just a shame some of our members here won't be watching 16

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I'm not really that interested that they got inducted, or even if they didnt. But I think if it came to it I'd be pretty annoyed if any of the new band turned up, they're riding the gravy train carved out by the original guys. I dont even think Matt or Steven should be there, but I guess they both have as much right as the other and mabye the 2 should be there rather than just 1 of them.
Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff are what this is all about for their acheivements in selling a zillion copies of Appetite For Destruction and Use Your Illusions and making Guns N'Roses a household name across the entire planet.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Naltav wrote:

@axlrose: I'd like to thank the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame and our fans. This is your victory.

If he really appreciates us, he will give us one little 10-15 minute performance with the AFD lineup. That's all we ask in return for literally decades of loyalty and money spent boosting his wealth.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Naltav wrote:

If he really appreciates us, he will give us one little 10-15 minute performance with the AFD lineup. That's all we ask in return for literally decades of loyalty and money spent boosting his wealth.

I'm guessing there won't be a full AFD-linup performance. It sorta sends the "wrong" signal out there. Axl knows that if he does that, there's gonna be a whirlwind of comments and articles about THAT fact. Kinda works against what he's been trying to accomplish since around 95-97.

My guess on how Axl would want the RRHF ceremony to play out would be: current line present (yes, I think he's cocky and arrogant enough to do that!) with guest spots from Izzy, Duff, Gilby (or maybe Adler and Sorum, depending on what state his relationship with them is at the time)..OR... just blow the whole thing of, with a cocky and arrogant comment on facebook/twitter.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Kinda works against what he's been trying to accomplish since around 95-97.

The only thing he has accomplished in the last 15 years is becoming an even bigger joke in the music industry than Michael Jackson. This will be his last shot at redemption, even if only for one night.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Naltav wrote:

My guess on how Axl would want the RRHF ceremony to play out would be: current line present (yes, I think he's cocky and arrogant enough to do that!)

Oh, please.

If some current members attend their boss' party, how'd that be cocky and arrogant?

Tommy's been in the band nearly 14 years. You go tell him he has no right.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Naltav wrote:

My guess on how Axl would want the RRHF ceremony to play out would be: current line present (yes, I think he's cocky and arrogant enough to do that!)

Oh, please.

If some current members attend their boss' party, how'd that be cocky and arrogant?

Tommy's been in the band nearly 14 years. You go tell him he has no right.

He's saying Axl would be cocky and arrogant enough to demand it.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Come and hang out, or forget the next paycheck?

Still can't see the reasoning there. Performing in the ceremony's one thing, attending there is another.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

I just have to say the entire fanbase is going mental over this.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

It's a super weird situation, because there's a giant balancing act that needs to be played.

The current lineup is going concern right now- that's who's out there touring and killing it, and that's who's most likely to put together another album.

Obviously, as far as induction goes, it's the classic + (arguably) UYI lineups that should go in.

But performance-wise, they almost NEED to play with three lineups. Classic and UYI, plus current. As much as I loved '02, I don't believe they need to be there. They need to respect WHY they're getting in and play to that, but at the same time publically acknowledge that THIS band is what you're gonna get for the forseeable future.  Otherwise, the whole current lineup and Axl's positive vibe is gonna get derailed by non-stop reunion talk and the reviews will get even more heavy with descriptions of who WASN'T on stage at each show, instead of focusing on the music and giving the current guys credit where it's deserved.

Blondie should/could have handled it that way too, if they could have put their shit aside for a song. Also if the RRHOF considered them "big" enough to play more than one.

But with GnR, the controversy, the "who's gonna show", the whole unknowingness of the situation, along with just how giant they were.... I think the HOF would give them three songs if they asked for it. Especially if that got Axl on stage with Slash for two of them.  The real trick is order. You can't lead with the current guys, because that's the first "bang" post-induction. And since Slash is in the other two lineups, you pretty mush HAVE to lead off with the classic crew.  So maybe Classic -> Current -> UYI would be the way to go.  Or give em four songs and close with Classic as well.

I think I'm going to try and get tickets.

Board footer