You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Guns N Roses OFFICIALLY inducted into Rock n Roll Hall of Fame

apex-twin wrote:

Oh, so that's what you meant!

Bono wrote:

14 seriously! I said they all left at the same time, everyone knew what I ment

Bono wrote:

A trend is much different than 4 members that the world recognizes as Guns N' Roses all leaving the band over a  period of time to which unless you'd been paying attention with a magnifying glass you'd think they all left at the "same time"

Bono wrote:

and then you had to go on and lecture me about the down to the second timeline of member departures to the point you started talking about Chris Vrenna.... Yeah and I like to argue... well maybe 16  but do NOT act like you were not pushing buttons big time for the sake of arguement.

Seriously, man. You're verbose and confrontative.

I respect the way you speak your mind, but your point gets oft lost in the mist (such as here), and then you engage in a debate with someone, who mistakes the point for something else to begin with.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:

Yeah, I'm with you on the ridiculousness of that U2 hypothetical.  I saw a comment on one of the Indy reviews published last night that said what Axl is doing would be like Paul McCartney calling Wings the Beatles.  Yeah, I guess, if you're a complete and utter moron who ignores the facts regarding what happend with GN'R.  The fact is this:  GN'R never ended, and all the members did not leave at once.

The band changed when Steven was replaced with Matt because they are completely different drummers.  The band changed when one of the co-founders along with Axl, Izzy, left the band.  Yet, they continued on without, IMO, the most important member in the band's history other than Axl.  Then Slash left and they continued on with Duff.  Duff actually played with Robin Finck.  Then Duff left.

You cannot ignore the facts surrounding the situation just to make an argument.  Well, you can, but you'll be called out on it smile

Ali

Ali wrote:

You cannot ignore the facts surrounding the situation just to make an argument.  Well, you can, but you'll be called out on it smile

Actually when it comes to something being hypothetical yes you can.  That's the whole point of something being hypothetical.  It pretty much means "disregard the facts but what if.... "     But whatever, you've got your Rose coloured shades superglued to your face so....

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Seriously, man. You're verbose and confrontative.

I respect the way you speak your mind, but your point gets oft lost in the mist (such as here), and then you engage in a debate with someone, who mistakes the point for something else to begin with.

nah dude we're all pretty intelligent people here and I find it very hard to beleive MisterID mistook what I was saying but rather wanted to prove a point that Guns N' Roses evolved naturally.  The point was made very clear after his first response that I was wrong that they all left at the same time but he continued on witht he time line eductaion so.,... I'm well aware of the time lines so for someone to stray the conversation into an education on member departure dates was completely unnecessary and was nothng more than semantics.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

You sure?

I'd suggest you'd start looking at the layouts of your text, btw. Your sense of structure is good, but stylistically, you ramble a bit too much while presenting your case.

Ramble at the end of it, that's how they do it in courthouses!

...in movies anyway.

(edit: We can switch this to PM's, since this is a bit OT 16)

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:

U can argue however u want and i really don't care who all u think should get in.

What pisses me off, is people who can sit there with a straight face and say they don't wanna see Original Appetite lineup perform a couple songs one last time.

I think anyone who says that is fucking nuts. No offense.

I started listening to GN'R in 1988.  I was sad to see Slash go in 1996, and Duff in '97.  By 1998, I was ready to move on.  It's not "fucking nuts" to have made peace with the non-existence of the old lineup.

Ali

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:

Yeah, I'm with you on the ridiculousness of that U2 hypothetical.  I saw a comment on one of the Indy reviews published last night that said what Axl is doing would be like Paul McCartney calling Wings the Beatles.  Yeah, I guess, if you're a complete and utter moron who ignores the facts regarding what happend with GN'R.  The fact is this:  GN'R never ended, and all the members did not leave at once.

The band changed when Steven was replaced with Matt because they are completely different drummers.  The band changed when one of the co-founders along with Axl, Izzy, left the band.  Yet, they continued on without, IMO, the most important member in the band's history other than Axl.  Then Slash left and they continued on with Duff.  Duff actually played with Robin Finck.  Then Duff left.

Ali

Ali wrote:

Actually when it comes to something being hypothetical yes you can.  That's the whole point of something being hypothetical.  It pretty much means "disregard the facts but what if.... "     But whatever, you've got your Rose coloured shades superglued to your face so....

I disagree.  The whole point of a hypothetical does not HAVE to be to disregard the facts, especially if you want a credible hypothetical situation.  What's the point of a hypothetical argument if it is completely dissimilar to the actual situation being discussed?  Not much of one in my book.

And, nice little potshot there at the end.  It says a lot that rather than stay on topic, you make a snide comment like that. 

Ali

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

So I'm trying to work out what they can do to solve this.

Option 1:

Have old GNR play a set.
Pros: It's what the fans want.
Cons: Potentially fucks with Axl's re-branding of GNR.

Option 2:

Have seperate peformances.
Pros: They could each showcase their "solo" careers. So like Slash does like "Back from Cali" with Myles and maybe Axl does "This I love" with DJ etc.
Cons: Will annoy many people to have them both there but not co-operating. Does limit set choices to "new" material - as Slash or Axl doing JUNGLE or PC without the other, while the other watches on is too bizzare even for GNR surely.

Option 3:

Have an all-star jam.

Get fucking everyone up at once, old and new.

Pros: Axl won't look like he was being a dick and not forgiving slash but also still gets to pimp out his new boys like Ron and DJ to the wider public.

Cons: Elements of the public might see 4 lead guitarists as overkill. Plus you'd have to work out how to allocate which parts to slash - consdiering if you do AFD stuff it's all his solo not sharing....but maybe it could work if they get up and do covers....like if it's an all star version of a hendrix track or something.

Option 4:

everyone in GNR old and new goes....but they don't play - the peformance side of it is handled by bands influenced by GNR or bands they like or soemthing.

So maybe you bust out bands like Buckcherry and A7x and they talk about how GNR inspired them back int he day. Or maybe peformances from people like aerosmith or elton john who influenced GNR.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

Have Axl and Slash duet on This I Love.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I just hope Izzy shows up.. Fuck Axl and Slash. 16

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah maybe tell Slash he's got until April to come up with a new solo to TIL and they duet that. Lol Sorry Russ that's blasphemy isn't it 16

Board footer