You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The BATMAN Thread

AtariLegend wrote:

It's a media thing looking for faults. I seen a bad very bootleg and could understand at least 50% of what he was saying, most of the comments on websites over this say they can understand. Logic would suggest with better sound quality in the cinema, it isn't that bad.

I'm with Nolan, don't want a Darth Vader impersonation.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I also could hear what he was saying.

Frankly some Batman villians are like this.

I can honestly say I didn't catch everything Mr. Freeze said in the Animated Series, because he had the same 'voice box' sound that Bane has in TDKR. Which is kinda weird. It sounds very similar.

Either way, I think it was Nolan's intention that Bane sound a bit distorted.

PaSnow wrote:

Meh, I'm not so sure.  Coincidentally I just watched TDK for the first time in a while last weekend.  After all the hype died down,  Heath Ledger's character was the only really watchable part.  Some acting stunk (mobsters, Two Face), the two face charater was a waste of time & unnecesary, and the script was a little bit corny.  The trailers for this lead me to believe it's going onto the verge of ridiculousness & sci fi away from Batman.  We'll see.

You're entitled to your opinion, but everything about this post is entirely wrong.

Ledger's character was not the "really only watchable part". Seriously? So you're telling me that the film is flat out UNWATCHABLE, when Ledger is not on screen?

There is NO WAY that's possible. It's too well acted, too well cast, and too well written for that to be even remotely true, even to someone who thought it was overrated.

"Some acting stunk"

Every film has some actors who are lesser than others, and you are specifically referring to the bit players, not the main cast. I specifically remember one of the arms dealers with Scarecrow, basically doing an Al Pacino-Scarface impression, which was kinda too camp for the Nolanverse. But it didn't distract.

Two Face was a little overdone, I agree, and not in the Tommy Lee Jones-sense. Eckhart's 'rage' was a little too much. But short of that, it was fine.

The Two Face character served a very important point for the evolution of Bruce Wayne/Batman and the city of Gotham.

It was the death of Bruce's dream. The death of all of his hope.

THAT'S VERY IMPORTANT

Not only did The Joker kick Batman's ass, but The Joker proved that anybody can be corrupted, and the whole "you're just a freak to them, like me" concept was proven RIGHT. Not wrong like the audience would expect in a happy, idealistic ending.

The Joker was right all along, and the character of Two Face realized that.

Frankly looking back, especially looking at the death of Rachel, her death was practically Christ-like for Gotham and the reprecussions it brought. Bruce couldn't save her, and Batman couldn't save Gotham.

The loss of Harvey Dent, Gotham's "White Knight", doomed them forever, and this time Batman can't save them.

Without Harvey Dent/Two Face, that character evolvement can't take place.

He was VERY integral to The Dark Knight.

And there's nothing cheesy about that movie. I dare you to watch even Burton's Batman (not Schumacher's), and come back with that same statement. Night and day.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I thought katie Holmes played her part better than Maggie Gylenhall

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah we know, jesus. 16

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

So did I, neither were excellent but i had no problem with holmes in the role. Kinda shallow but i just didnt buy MG as Rachel, we're meant to be believe she had the two most powerful/eligable bachelors in the city competing for her affections? No chance! Combine that with a fairly wooden performance and Holmes wins hands down for me.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I've resisted the prologue so far but I think i'll cave soon. Cannot wait for this film.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yeah we know, jesus. 16

14 just chiming in on PaSnow's acting comment.

A Private Eye wrote:

So did I, neither were excellent but i had no problem with holmes in the role. Kinda shallow but i just didnt buy MG as Rachel, we're meant to be believe she had the two most powerful/eligable bachelors in the city competing for her affections? No chance! Combine that with a fairly wooden performance and Holmes wins hands down for me.

EXACTLY! Personally I think Katie Holmes is fucking hot and she looked gorgeous in Batman Begins and then they replace her with Maggie Gylenhall? Huh?  Plus the role didn't require any amount of massive acting skills. Katie played it fine I think whereas I actually hated watching Maggie with her stupid shit eating grin on her face the entire time. Might as well have cast her as the Joker.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

lol russ...

tbh not really seeing the hype for this film but i hope all you batman fans like it....I will prolly see it regardless but i dunno if it will be at the movies or not

might just wait for DVD...and hathaway is a bad choice...not a fan at all ... looks or talent wise

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm kinda questioning the casting of Hathaway also, especially if she just recycles Selina Kyle in Returns.

As for Rachel Dawes

Katie Holmes = better "look" for the role, i.e. hotter

Maggie Gyllenhaal = FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR better actress for the role

Board footer