You are not logged in. Please register or login.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

Re: LA Times Interview With Axl

axlgod wrote:

oh lord, coconut headed fernando & the other clowns running gn'r.
it makes my piss boil.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
axlgod wrote:

oh lord, coconut headed fernando & the other clowns running gn'r.
it makes my piss boil.

Piss boil? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA Fuckin rolling. great line

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And the thing that pisses me off even more, what a fucking blackmail move by Beta.

She knows how much she means to Axl, and that "i'll quit" comment is nothing but emotional blackmail to put her family in control of GN'R.

I have no doubt i'll be even more steamed about this tommorrow. Then again, GN'R stopped functioning as an actual working musician after July 1993. Maybe it's just same old same old.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I haven't read the interview yet but.....

Are we seriously now trying to diminsh Slash's role in Guns N' Roses by nit picking writing credits. Jesus Christ if it weren't for Slash you'd have NONE of the epic Gn'R solos, you'd have none of that sleazy, bluesy lead guitar sounds that made Guns N' Roses, Guns N' Roses.   Same with Axl. If it weren't for his voice and lyrics you'd not have Guns N' Roses. It was never happening without the both of them. Without the FIVE of them...... man in 2011 I never thought I'd see Evo members trying to down play Slash's contributions. Unreal.

I'll debate anything but this shit is borderline HTGTH.  It's asinine to sit here and say Slash can't write songs worth a shit because the FACT is without Slash songs like November Rain and Estranged are simple piano ballads of the SOD or TIL quality.  NOT all tiem classics. Yeah some might might like those songs but they are no where near the same stratosphere as NR or Estranged. Songs like Locoomotive and Coma wouldn't exist. Unebeliveable that people are actually trying to diminish Slash's contributions to nothing more than a  riff writer.

Guns N' Roses would NEVER have broken big without Slash(or Axl). He's an all time guitar icon who CREATED(not told by Axl what to play) some of the most incredible, classic, most recognizable and rockin' sounds EVER. 

Now I gotta go read the interview 16

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Izzy wrote primitve Stones-riffs. Slash made them Guns N' Roses. Period.

Slash wrote WTTJ. Slash wrote SCOM. Slash wrote PC. Slash wrote CW, NR, Estranged, Locomotive and Coma. Slash wrote all the solos. Period.

Slash made Guns N' Roses musically. Slash amde Guns N' roses Guns N' Roses and not fuckin' Hollywood Rose. Period.

Deal with it.

14:laugh::laugh::laugh:

November Rain (one writer)- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_rain
Estranged (one writer) - http://en.httphmm/www.gnrevolution.com/post.php?tid=11366&qid=218030wikipedia.org/wiki/Estranged
Jungle (2 writers) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_to_the_jungle
Sweet Child (3 writers)- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Child_o%27_Mine
PC (4 writers)- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise_City
CW (3 writers) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_War_%28song%29
Locomotive (2 writers)- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locomotive … omotive.22
Coma (2 writers)- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coma_%28song%29

Now, remind me which of these Slash wrote?  Funny how two of the songs you wrote (in which are considered by some GNR's best songs) were solely written by Axl.

Deal with it.

You either don't know what you're talking about or simply lying to discredit him. Both are very disturbing @ a GN'R forum.

You and your likes like to cite ASCAP to glorify Robin's contribution to GN'R songs. Well, do that in Slash's case, too. Unlike in the album booklet, he gets credit for the songs Axl robbed from him.
BTW anyone with half a brain cannot deny that WTTJ is a Slash song. He made the riffs and the solos. He made SCOM with his magnificent intro and those great guitar solos. He wrote all the other GN'R classics I mentioned. Only two GN'R classic was written by Izzy, YCBM and Don't Cry, with Slash's massive contribution to the first. (Slash is credited for both @ ASCAP.)
Did the others contribute to Slash's songs? Yes. Did they adviced changes, or had song structure advices? Yes. So did Slash with the others. It was a band, for Axl's sake. But for Axlites Slash was not more than a guitar amplifier. Fuck that shit. I don't give negative karma, but from this point I declare war against history revisionist. Fuck this Stalinist, Axlist bullshit.

HOLY FUCK CALM DOWN IT'S THE INTERNET.

Funny how you think I'm an "Axlist."  You have me all figured out huh?

I was merely pointing out that none of those songs were solely written by Slash. I was disproving someone's point.  In fact, two of those songs only have Axl listed as the writer. 

Now if we are talking about Slash's contributions to November Rain and Estranged, then yes, he had majorly important contributions, the songs would not be the same without his solos.  But did he write them? No. 

See the difference? 

Personally, I like both Slash and Axl.  Anyone who has been around here long enough knows how much I liked VR when they came out, they know how much I like GNR, and I'm a fan of Snakepit as well. 

P.S.  The people who are trying to revise history are those trying to claim Slash wrote NR and Estranged.  But FUCK fact checking!  This is Fox News!

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Bono wrote:

I haven't read the interview yet but.....

Are we seriously now trying to diminsh Slash's role in Guns N' Roses by nit picking writing credits.

You need to read things more carefully.  I was more irritated by the fact that people are claiming NR and Estranged were written by Slash.  I only wanted to point out that they weren't and that none of the songs listed were written solely by him. 

To say he wasn't a hugely important piece of GNR would be retarded.  Same with saying Duff or Izzy weren't hugely important as well.  Without the AFD lineup, AFD wouldn't have happened- period.  That makes them all important.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

And his current tour is part of a settlement agreement with former GNR manager (and Live Nation Entertainment executive chairman) Irving Azoff that dictated the band do a number of performances with Live Nation as the promoter, and Rose is worried that it's not being properly marketed.

yeah 1 album in 15 years, witha  band that most of the world basically refuses to aknowldege as Gn'R. Yeah it's the marketing's fault? Nothing Axl coud do about that I suppose..... late night talk shows, full band photo shoots, music videos, another album.... for a smart guy he's not that smart.  he's pretty much done NOTHING to establish these gusya s Guns N' Rose so why should the world care?

"We decided, 'No more managers,'" said Lebeis a few days after the Seattle concert. "Between me and Fernando and my daughter, we're dealing with the management." Lebeis added that she characterizes Rose as "more than a son to me," and that after Katsis' departure, "I told [Rose] if he hires another manager, I quit."

Wow. This is gonna get so screwed up. Highly doubt anyone in the industry repects those people when it comes to business.  Good luck with that.  Axl should've let them quit.  She threatend to quit unless she coudl be the manager? WTF. 

Slash was a late arrival into the Guns N' Roses fold, Rose loves reminding people, and apart from a few key riffs, says Rose, the guitarist was much less involved in the songs than Rose and Stradlin.

A few key riffs... yeah ok.  roll

"It was really a fight with me and Slash," says Rose of the forces that took down the band. "Izzy was doing the same thing, but the fight with me and Slash started the day I met him. He came in, popped my tape out and put his in and wanted me in his band. And I didn't want to join his band. We've had that war since Day 1."

Ummm.... isn't Axl quoted somewhere as saying when he first saw Slash he knew he needed to have him in the band? I coudl be wrong but I swear I saw him say that at some point.

As to whether he feels that he bears any responsibility for the state of limbo he's in, Rose says: "You can say it's my fault, but to me it's like if you're on a plane and somebody trips you and the air marshal arrests you for falling — like it's my fault for allowing somebody to trip me?"

Un fucking believable that at 49 the guy can't accept responsibility for his part in it all. Always someone elses fault. Brutal.

We'll be putting out new stuff as soon as we can figure out what our deal is with labels, blah blah blah."

I call bullshit! Blah blah blah means he hasn't really thought about it.

johndivney wrote:

good interview
re: slash's contributions it is the articles author who uses the 'few riffs' line, not axl. but it's still gonna be used to argue sad
edit - tho a dumb thing by axl trying to diminish slash's input.
sad to about beta stuff. maybe, just maybe, it's for the best. tbh we've known them as the middle-men & de facto management (cause 'rea' managers kept getting fired every 3 weeks) for forever now.. but it is still worrying - what are their business/management credentials??

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

The Lebeis are the new management team. They're fucking doomed.

110% agree! How the fuck can a baby minder end up telling one of the world's greatest frontmen how to run his affairs?

What a fucking disaster...

PLEASE people lets not go down the 'Slash vs Axl' route arguing about relevance again.
Both men are still massive stars because of work they did 20 years ago. BOTH are relevant and BOTH deserve to be recognised for their legacy.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

axl should just keep his mouth shut about slash. with every word he says, he looks like more of an asshole to me...

Board footer