You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: VR to reunite with Scott for 'A Concert For John O'Brien'

metallex78 wrote:

This is interesting...

VELVET REVOLVER To Reunite With SCOTT WEILAND For 'A Concert For John O'Brien' - Dec. 29, 2011

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=167758

VELVET REVOLVER will reunite with singer Scott Weiland for a short one-off performance at "Love You Madly: A Concert For John O'Brien" on Thursday, January 12 at the House Of Blues in West Hollywood, California. Also scheduled to appear are Adam Levine and James Valentine (MAROON 5), Sheryl Crow, Tom Morello (RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE), Stephen Stills and THE FOREST RANGERS.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Havent heard about this should just get myles

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

I'm just glad that they're not performing with that other guy Jimmy Gnecco that they're auditioning, he's shit.

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

I wonder why theyve keep this quit slash hasnt said anything about it on fb. This show is on now or has finished

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

You watching the gnr show tomorrow metallex

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

The VR gig with Scott is in January. It only came up on blabbermouth just now, so maybe it was a last minute decision thing.

VR showed potential with Scott on Contraband, it was only with Libertad that I started to dislike them, so maybe this one off show will inspire them to do something together again.

I'd gladly welcome another album with Scott if it was heavier and inspired.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
gibbo wrote:

I don't think I'll be home, will be out with mates for NYE celebrations. What about you, and wherabouts in Oz are you?

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
gibbo wrote:

I don't think I'll be home, will be out with mates for NYE celebrations. What about you, and wherabouts in Oz are you?

Im in Robe S.A. Am gonna watch it before i hit the pub should be finished bye 8.30pm

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I tend to agree with Perla: "Not my husband's best work"

But that said....I love selected VR songs: Suckertrain Blues, Superhuman, Let it Roll, Just 16...there's some fun tracks.

Be good to see more Slash/Duff chemistry....

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, who knows, maybe this one off gig will be enough to inspire them all to give it another go.

Scott had issues with Matt because of the groupie thing, and Matt is now engaged to be married. And Slash has been clean and sober for several years, so maybe their drug issues will be a thing of the past.

Board footer