You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: VR to reunite with Scott for 'A Concert For John O'Brien'

monkeychow wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Scott had issues with Matt because of the groupie thing, and Matt is now engaged to be married. And Slash has been clean and sober for several years, so maybe their drug issues will be a thing of the past.

Yeah never understood Scott's issue with Matt. I mean people having drug issues is a legit concern for the whole band - cos if you go on stage fucked up then everyone looks bad if you can't play properly etc. But I mean if off-stage matt wants to get laid with 3 Zebras and a Monkey...so the fuck what...not like it's going to stop him drumming like a mofo.

I mean i get that scott is a one woman guy for Mary or whatever her name is and that's beautiful, but if Matt hasn't found his girl yet then so what...unless he was like sending over nude girls to scott's room trying to get him to cheat on his wife or something I think scott needs to mind his own business personally.

I know everyone hates Matt cos he made some girl eat her mom or something...but hey..he told that story to say how even he knew he went too far...and many people in rock act that kind of way. How about that metallica doco where the *stagehand* talks about how he tests if "girls can take the drum stick to the logo" as part of his ritual to allow people backstage access to the band. That's the damn crew, he's not even famous himself. I'm just saying I imagine many people in matt's situation wouldn't have been choir boys you know wink

As for the rest of the VR issues. The drugs was def one, and I'd really hope scott is clean, not sure what his status is at the moment but he does have repeat issues and that's not a good thing to bring around to guys like Slash and Duff that are always on the edge of relapsing. But maybe he's found some peace.

The broader issue too is the writing with scott. He didn't like the slash/izzy riffs he was given. Slash says it took him ages to get slither respected in the band. Scott's never seemed to like big slash solos etc...so I dunno...long term I really do hope they move in a new direction...but I guess if it's going to be slash's B band then it could be fun with scott...I do like some of his songs even though he's anti-guitar wink

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

This is interesting...

VELVET REVOLVER To Reunite With SCOTT WEILAND For 'A Concert For John O'Brien' - Dec. 29, 2011

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=167758

VELVET REVOLVER will reunite with singer Scott Weiland for a short one-off performance at "Love You Madly: A Concert For John O'Brien" on Thursday, January 12 at the House Of Blues in West Hollywood, California. Also scheduled to appear are Adam Levine and James Valentine (MAROON 5), Sheryl Crow, Tom Morello (RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE), Stephen Stills and THE FOREST RANGERS.

I'm stunned. No seriously, i'm stunned.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Good to see that despite whatever problems and issues they have had they can still be adult about the whole thing......hopefully the same thing can happen with that other pathetic schoolyard feud that's been childishly going on for years.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This is very, very strange news.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Good to see that despite whatever problems and issues they have had they can still be adult about the whole thing......hopefully the same thing can happen with that other pathetic schoolyard feud that's been childishly going on for years.

Yeah, I hope this is a message (to Axl?) and not some real plan for a permamant reunion.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

While I don't see this as a reunion, I'd be much more excited about a VR WITH Scott than with anyone else who I've heard rumored.  Even though I thought Libertad was a huge step back from Contraband.  Jimmy Knecko (or whoever the hell he is) does not excite me in the least.  I'll reserve judgement for Myles since I did think his 2 songs on "Slash" were among the best on the record.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It's just a weird situation. Like, Anthrax lead singer weird.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:

While I don't see this as a reunion, I'd be much more excited about a VR WITH Scott than with anyone else who I've heard rumored.  Even though I thought Libertad was a huge step back from Contraband.  Jimmy Knecko (or whoever the hell he is) does not excite me in the least.  I'll reserve judgement for Myles since I did think his 2 songs on "Slash" were among the best on the record.

I kinda agree. I was never a big Scott fan, but short of Duff's choice of Corey, all of the guys Slash likes or wants... REALLY fucking SUCK.

Make Scott look like Axl.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Y'know, if they can't get Corey Taylor or Chester Bennington (or, um, Axl), I'd rather the VR guys reunited with Scott. As opposed to playing with Gnecco or Myles "singing the wrong lyrics to Civil War in a squeaky voice" Kennedy.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

No Scott, please. One thing is that his voice is very limited. Other that he can't come up with memorable melodies in most of the cases, writes shitty lyrics, but hey, he cannot even sing his own stuff properly. His utter-garbage interpretation of the songs really hurt the band's shows. I cannot even listen VR live now, cause Scott is off in 99% of the performances.

Board footer