You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Re: Live At The Joint in Las Vegas, NV - New Year's (Dec. 31st, 2011)

Gagarin wrote:

Personally, being at both shows, I had a great f-ing time.
Yeah - I KNOW I wanted Oh My God, or Prostitute, or for this show "to be the one where Axl does 2 new songs and talks about what the other songs are about" or something like other 'historic shows' were... but that's not what was advertised, and that's not the real reason I went.

Axl's between song and solo comments were not identical, that I can assure you!

It's like they're doing what they're doing to have the best successful show they can. They added some stuff 3/4 into this tour schedule and I'm very happy to have Shacklers and Civil War!

I'm like 'YEAH THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME' and 'FUCK PARADISE CITY, STUPID FUCKING SONG, I WANTED TO HEAR ____________...' at the same time. But the 'fucking awesome' weighs more heavily.

Ran into DJ and a mob of female admirers on Friday afternoon. I touched his arm and said, while he looks at me, 'DJ, you do good work.'  He says 'Thanks man.'

"It's been great having you here for the beginning of the end." - Axl (about 2012)

"Thank you for shopping Guns N' Roses." - Axl

"We've done 150 shows with this lineup..." - Axl

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah the comments between was Ac/Dc...not dissing them though guys in their 60s who put normal bands to shame..3 of the best nights of my life seeing that shit - identical or not!

I know what you mean about PC...love the song, love the ending vibe it brings...wouldn't be GNR without it...but those first few chords are always a bitter sweet moment because you know the night is nearly done. Mind you...what a way to go out!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Rex wrote:

It was a kickass show nonetheless.  I didn't go in expecting them to debut anything or play anything special, just a kickass rock show, which is what I got.

no doubt..i know htey put up a great show...i just didnt expect anything new or crazy to happen....never a good idea to get your hopes up

just take what is normal and if someting new happens then its a bonus

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
gibbo wrote:

yer i was over at HTGH having a look and i couldnt beleive it there they suck up axl arse big time and most of them hate 21

Yeah I'm not banned but I don't regularly read HTGTH anymore because it seemed to become popular there to bag Slash. Considering he's my favourite guitarist of all time...I just can't read so much hate and it's insane when 95% of the old material drips with his presence.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I was saying in another thread that this is THE BEST SETLIST of the entire new era of Guns N' Roses.

It really is.

Think about it, you get a little bit of everything and a little bit of the best of the band.

Appetite

Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Nightrain
Mr. Brownstone
Paradise City
Sweet Child O' Mine
Rocket Queen

Lies

Patience

Illusion I

Live and Let Die
Don't Cry
November Rain

Illusion II

Civil War
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Estranged
You Could Be Mine

Chinese

Chinese Democracy
Shackler's Revenge
Better
Street of Dreams
Sorry
Madagascar
This I Love

and "Whole Lotta Rosie" and Tommy's "Motivation" to boot.

I mean think about that. You are getting 7 tracks from Appetite, 7 tracks from Illusion, and 7 tracks from Chinese. Equal amounts of their major studio LP releases.

That pretty much covers the Guns N' Roses legacy.

So for as much as I think they should've shaken up the setlist for the final show (like I do for all bands who perform back-to-back shows at the same venue), like I said before this is THE BEST setlist of the new era, by far imo.

Maybe that's why they don't shake it up too much?

I think the setlist they do currently is the versitile equivalent of the 1991 & 1993 shows.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Rex wrote:

It was a kickass show nonetheless.  I didn't go in expecting them to debut anything or play anything special, just a kickass rock show, which is what I got.

Gagarin wrote:

Personally, being at both shows, I had a great f-ing time.
Yeah - I KNOW I wanted Oh My God, or Prostitute, or for this show "to be the one where Axl does 2 new songs and talks about what the other songs are about" or something like other 'historic shows' were... but that's not what was advertised, and that's not the real reason I went.

Axl's between song and solo comments were not identical, that I can assure you!

It's like they're doing what they're doing to have the best successful show they can. They added some stuff 3/4 into this tour schedule and I'm very happy to have Shacklers and Civil War!

I'm like 'YEAH THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME' and 'FUCK PARADISE CITY, STUPID FUCKING SONG, I WANTED TO HEAR ____________...' at the same time. But the 'fucking awesome' weighs more heavily.

Ran into DJ and a mob of female admirers on Friday afternoon. I touched his arm and said, while he looks at me, 'DJ, you do good work.'  He says 'Thanks man.'

"It's been great having you here for the beginning of the end." - Axl (about 2012)

"Thank you for shopping Guns N' Roses." - Axl

"We've done 150 shows with this lineup..." - Axl

That's awesome guys. Congratulations on two GN'R shows to close out 2011!

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I will definitely be checking them out if and whenever they come around again.  I've seen tons of bands live, and I have to say, GN'R tops them all!

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

You know I hear that alot, and not just from Guns fans.

It really says something that people who do go to these shows, critics included, come away constantly going "best show ever" or "best show in awhile".

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

These positive comments and feedback can help improve ticket sales the next time another U.S. tour appears. I think the new updated website (whenever it gets finished) and updates on twitter and facebook are steps in the right direction. From all the pro shot videos, I've been extremely pleased with the set list. I wouldn't mind if they used it the next time around. It would be a treat next tour to see a new song or maybe have ITW and OMG thrown in. Prostitute would be interesting; but Axl was having a hard time with that song during the OSAKA 09 show. It's a tough song to get through with all the vocal overdubs & arrangements that are in the final studio version. Songs they should add though should be: Dead Horse and Yesterdays. In my personal opinion I believe Guns management should take advantage of VH1 Classic's potential for ad space and marketing the lineup since the TMS AXL interview took off quite well. The promos on TV were a nice change of scenery. Since MTV isn't going to give a rat's ass about them now. A Live album/DVD/Bluray of the 2010-2011 shows should be an idea they should consider to show that this band will continue on.  A re-release of Chinese with bonus material, remixes, more artwork, "poster?", and other goodies should be another idea to move forward with and to finally end the shadow of Chinese's development. It shouldn't be a store exclusive though. 9

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Yeah I was saying in another thread that this is THE BEST SETLIST of the entire new era of Guns N' Roses.

It really is.

Think about it, you get a little bit of everything and a little bit of the best of the band.

Appetite

Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Nightrain
Mr. Brownstone
Paradise City
Sweet Child O' Mine
Rocket Queen

Lies

Patience

Illusion I

Live and Let Die
November Rain

Illusion II

Civil War
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Estranged
You Could Be Mine

Chinese

Chinese Democracy
Shackler's Revenge
Better
Street of Dreams
Sorry
Madagascar
This I Love

and "Whole Lotta Rosie" and Tommy's "Motivation" to boot.

I mean think about that. You are getting 7 tracks from Appetite, 6 tracks from Illusion, and 7 tracks from Chinese.

That pretty much covers the Guns N' Roses legacy.

So for as much as I think they should've shaken up the setlist for the final show (like I do for all bands who perform back-to-back shows at the same venue), like I said before this is THE BEST setlist of the new era, by far imo.

Maybe that's why they don't shake it up too much?

I think the setlist they do currently is the versitile equivalent of the 1991 & 1993 shows.

"Don't Cry" as well (the original version).

Ali

Board footer