You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: New song poll

Scabbie wrote:

Any of them really. Didn't Axl say that the next record would be more out there, darker? The General does sound cool so I'll go with that

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I can't even begin to decide which I'd vote for. I guess by title alone, Blood in the Water sounds cool.

The thing that keeps me from being more excited about The General is that we've heard the orchestration for it. It sounds awesome, but wasn't that held up by Axl as coming about due to his then-new interest in movie soundtracks? I'd kind of hate to get an instrumental, is that's what it turned out to be. (Yeah, movie score != instrumental, but still)

I want to hear whatever Axl wants to share with us.

AtariLegend wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

As for the Oklahoma/Berlin debate, alot of people that worked on CD over the past several years said that Axl wanted to make a song about school shootings and a Civil War esque anti war song (Blood in the Water, Berlin?)

"[Oklahoma] was inspired by a court date with ex-wife Erin Everly. 'I was sitting in my litigation with my ex-wife, and it was the day after the bombing, [April 20th, 1995]' Rose remembers with a wince. 'We had a break, and I'm sitting with my attorneys with a sort of smile on my face, more like a nervous thing - it was like, 'Forgive me, people, I'm having trouble taking this seriously.' It's just ironic that we're sitting there and this person is spewing all kinds of things and 168 people just got killed. And this person I'm sitting there with, she don't care. Obliterating me is their goal.'" (Axl, Rolling Stone, 2000)

"As the far as the songs go: 'Oklahoma' was pretty much written by the time they got to the studio. Axl wrote that with inspiration from the Oklahoma City bombing (more as a tribute to those who died, if I'm not mistaken). [...] (Dave Dominguez, Sp1at, 02/07/05)

Shocked that anyone voted to hear another version of Oh My God. I like it, but tbh it wouldn't be that much different to me than remaking Sympathy For The Devil which is not that much older than it.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I agree. The reason why i put a new version of OMG on there cause I was curious on what Axl changed on the song years after the original release on the End of Days soundtrack. I have the song on my ipod and I love it. Cool vibe and the song was a great experiment into a fast industrial vibe which Axl has been a fan of. Some of my friends like it as well.  It's one of the few songs that gives me an impression where that lineup was at the time. One of the few songs that we can hear that early new lineup too.  The only songs you can get that mystery early Chinese development period is Axl's re-recorded vocals on some of the Live Era stuff, OMG, 2000 Intentions leaks on Youtube of Catcher with Mr. Brian May and IRS. Also the 1999 version of Sweet Child of Mine that's on the Big Daddy soundtrack and has leaked on Youtube as well.  Speaking of Sympathy for the Devil, I actually enjoy Guns' cover of it.  I like it better than the original. (just my opinion) Even though the Rolling Stones are great!! Axl's vocals are just spot on and brings more life into the song even though it created a brick wall within the UYI and the whole Paul Tobias and Slash issues. I like the playing on it and the groove too.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Polls like these always seem a bit redundant. I mean, they're just song titles, we have no idea if they're ballads, heavy numbers, whatever. Remember when Bach was saying Sorry was a "heavy" track and everyone was expecting a rocker?

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Ill go Seven

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Polls like these always seem a bit redundant. I mean, they're just song titles, we have no idea if they're ballads, heavy numbers, whatever. Remember when Bach was saying Sorry was a "heavy" track and everyone was expecting a rocker?

That's how I feel. I usually just stay out of it because without at least a snippet of anything, we just don't know what to look forward to.

That's why I picked the Izzy track, as we've HEARD what Axl and Izzy can do in the past.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer