You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Corey Taylor bashes Scott Weiland

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

My lifetime he is top 10-15 easy

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

My lifetime he is top 10-15 easy

How old are you? Scott's a fucking joke IMHO.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Pretty much agree with russ.

Not sure why he'd be called a joke when he's fronted two very successful bands. I think he's got obvious talent and has written some great songs.

But at the same, relative to other stars, and the bigger picture of rock,  I'd not consider him exceptionally talented in a genius way.

He's famous for a reason, and a worthwhile star, not really an all-time great for me - but definitely worthy of some respect too.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

I don't think he really is just a two trick pony when it comes to his voice & range. If you listen to the clips below I think you'll see that he can has some things in between super-clean and his crazy-angry-slipknot voice. Maybe he doesn't use it enough in his own song though...

[youtube]EavHVEgkIgI&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]zdhaLTyEqGk&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]alk0PUBU60c&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]JO80RABYWbo&feature=related[/youtube]

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I'd cheerfully gnaw off my own arm to hear the Corey/VR album - it's more interesting to me than the other tracks from the Chinese Democracy sessions.

For my money, the only two frontmen VR should be considering are Corey and Chester Bennington. Good as Weiland is, VR need someone with a bigger vocal range. And it's hugely frustrating to me that the stars haven't aligned properly for either of those line-ups to happen.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
TheMole wrote:

I don't think he really is just a two trick pony when it comes to his voice & range.

wow...I take it back after watching some of those.

I guess i was thinking of his big scream that he uses in stuff like "Get Inside" from Stone Sour and also the clean voice seen in Hesitate that metalalex posted above...but I can see from these vids that he probably can do a fair bit more.

Does seem a shame that slash wasn't into it. I'm not sure if he's perfect still - but would be interesting to hear the demos. Although I still wish they'd get someone who can hit high notes ala Baz/Axl...but that's just cos I like my 80s rock! Corey would be more of the modern approach they seem to favour.

AtariLegend wrote:

I don't think Scott is the greatest of all time, but he isn't a joke to me.

To me the Scott bashing, is people using it as an excuse to cover up their disapointed with VR the bands material. Ignoring that he wasn't the only one that wrote and performed on those songs.

Anyway I liked Contraband, but Core is a classic to me and has more really good tracks than both VR albums combined.

johndivney wrote:

itt there was only 1 person "bashed" scott. tejastech08 said he thought he was a joke.*

if anything, it was scotts fans who "bashed" other people (which seems to be the way of this board, people can't praise with having to shit on other people by comparison.)
D said Reznor did some shitty stuff w his GF, yet i believe he won an oscar & more for this shitty stuff. why is a #1 record worth more to D than an Oscar or whatever awards Reznor won for his shitty work?? that's what i'd like to know.

i lol'd @ D's suggestion Weiland was an icon because it's preposterous. ask the average guy on the street who scott weiland is & they'll have NO  clue, or if you're lucky they'll know him as the moron who kept getting busted for drugs. that's his level of fame. yet D puts upon him ICON status?! like he's Ghandi or Michael Jackson or Elvis. an all time great?! OMG! yea hank williams, the beatles, stones, neil young, dylan, scott weiland...

* well actually i kinda laughed at him as well for releasing a chimble album. but pulling that shit deserves being laughed at.
fwiw i tend to agree w tejastech08. thought STP were p risible & thought both VR albums p weak.

Board footer