You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: VELVET REVOLVER's Australian Tour Going Ahead?

Neemo wrote:

I know we havea few austrailian members so i'm gonna post this....dont refund your tickets yet

VELVET REVOLVER's Australian Tour Going Ahead? - Feb. 8, 2008 

VELVET REVOLVER's Australian tour will go ahead as planned despite the fact that the group's frontman, Scott Weiland, has just gone back into rehab, Australian promoter Chris O'Brien told Undercover News. "We have not been told that the tour has been affected and right now I can say that it is still 100% going ahead," O'Brien said.

The Australian tour '” which is set to kick off February 15 '” was originally scheduled to take place in December but was postponed and the Japanese tour was cancelled because of visa problems.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=90278

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

They must have a replacement singer... or are they going to try the no singer thing?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Don't get too excited thinking that your precious Scott will be there. They're just gonna do it with a replacement singer: W. Axl Rose.  Granted, Axl can't do really what Scott does, but they'll do lots of covers to spruce up the night. When he and Matt Sorum duet on 'You Really Got Me', it'll be a special moment.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I intentionally haven't booked a flight or bought my ticket yet for VR's Sydney shows because I really thought something like this might happen - and didn't want to be left with a wasted airfare.

I figured I would leave everything until the last possible minute and take my chances that I could still get flights etc.

Personally I don't think the tour down under is gonna go ahead.  Despite the Aussie promotors statement he is obviously in the dark as much as everyone else, so all he can say is effectively that he hasn't been told otherwise so its still going ahead.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I hope these shows happen cause I just wanna see Slash, Duff, Matt and even Dave rip it up again, it's a shame that seeing them lies on Scott Weiland keeping his shit together...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer