You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: Most Anticipated Album of 2012

jimmythegent wrote:

Soundgarden by a country mile - havent been this excited about an album since the 90's (or Chinese in like 2002-2003 perhaps).

It is going to be AMAZING

johndivney wrote:

mark lanegan band

only a couple of weeks away

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Chinese Democracy II.

big_smile

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

VAN HALEN'S A DIFFERENT KIND OF TRUTH!!! big_smile Buying it the first week it comes out, baby!! Dave & Eddie back in the studio making some good old fashioned rock n' roll! From what the early listeners said that have heard the whole album, it is amazing!!  I would put Black Sabbath on that list. Maybe a possible Guns N' Roses album in the near future too. I'm going with Axlin and keeping my fingers crossed! xD

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Off that list? Priest. Nostradamus was one of the Priest's best albums, like it or lump it. It was also one of the best albums of 2008. I hope the band continues the trend. Would've said Manson, but after his TMS appearance, I'm scared he's gonna go all creepy fortysomething trying to reclaim his angry 20s satanic schtick. Manson's best album is and will always be Mechanical Animals. He's more appealing as an artist when he lets his genius out of the bottle, be it with his top of the class lyrics or ahead of their time visuals (if only Mechanical Animals were released to today's Lady Gaga acclimated culture). I'm less interested in grimy leathers, hoarsed screaming, and infantile jabs at Christianity circa 197666 (zing!).

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I completely agree about one of Priest's best albums being Nostradamus.

But I think KK Downing had alot to do with that, and it was supposed to be a concept album. Unless there's some demos floating around, their next album imo will be a Painkiller meets British Steel kinda album. Isn't it supposed to be their farewell album?

So i'm a little underwhelmed by that...

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
axlgod wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

It's a good year for rock.

At the moment I can't wait for the new foxy shazam album at the end of Jan 'welcome to the church of rock n roll'

Yes, yes and yes.
Their last self titled album is my favourite of all time.
I can't wait.
Hopefully it'll leak soon!:thumbup:

I am so pleased someone here likes some foxy too!

Have you seen the clips of Eric on YouTube, lessons in rock n roll

I'm looking forward to the darkness new album too

drborken
 Rep: 6 

drborken wrote:

I did a null vote since my most anticipated album for 2012 is without a doubt Coheed and Cambria.

johndivney wrote:
johndivney wrote:

mark lanegan band

only a couple of weeks away

this is really great btw

tho prob only like the 3rd or 4th best MLB album

fwiw, ML has perhaps the best catalogue of any rock artist this side of AFD/UYI.... (just saying.....)

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Tuesday, June 5th 2012 NEW Soul Asylum 9

Board footer