You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Corey Taylor bashes Scott Weiland

Axlin16 wrote:

That's kinda how i've always felt.

For Axl, the actual popularized one that stopped performing in 1993-94, with as small as a discography and time frame they released it in, it's stunning that Axl & Slash held and still continue to hold the "Rock Gods" status they do.

I don't know of any similar situation, other than Cobain.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Which is probably in no small part due to his early death at the height of his career...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

When it comes to well-known contemporary rock vocalists, the top seats are still with names like Jagger, Osborne, Tyler, Rose.

well all those guys are a generation or 3 removed from the grunge scene

if we are going all time vocalists thats one thing but i explicitly stated the 90's

johndivney wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

When it comes to well-known contemporary rock vocalists, the top seats are still with names like Jagger, Osborne, Plant, Rose.

Considering how brief GNR heyday ultimately was (seven years in between signing to Geffen and touring the stadiums of the world), it's mighty impressive.

fixed that for you. you're welcome tongue

but yea gnr & axl (& slash's) impact is insane. Classic Rock almost hit the nail on the head when they said something like what the rolling stones did with 40 albums, the beatles & zep w/ten, GnR did w/1.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
TheMole wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Which is probably in no small part due to his early death at the height of his career...

Oh yeah, totally agree. Sales were WAY down with In Utero (even though it's their best album). The MTV-created Nevermind buzz had wore off, Nirvana were obviously going to settle into an Alice In Chains-level popularity.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Von

Von wrote:

Corey Taylor's a talentless, modern rock radio-chasing fuckhead clown. Sorry, but I'll take my Weiland with his tongue (presumably somewhat) in cheek holiday albums, Bowie/Eno-esque solo work, and increasingly neo psychedelia STP material to Taylor's jock happy, beer chugging, aggro metal, dyed black hair little teenage fanbase Slipknot and it's commercially watered down sibling, Stone Sour.

Scott Weiland is a legend and one of the last great FRONTMEN. Corey Taylor's... not my kind of person. I don't like him professionally and wouldn't like him personally if I were granted the "opportunity."

EDIT: Corey Taylor needs to lay off the cussing every three words business if he means to be taken seriously.

I only said "fuckhead" the once....

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

All this time... I was waiting for you to come in here and cut a WWE promo on Corey.

You just forgot to lock out with this 22

[youtube]CADyRFVLs3U&feature=related[/youtube]

Von

Von wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

All this time... I was waiting for you to come in here and cut a WWE promo on Corey.

You just forgot to lock out with this 22

[youtube]CADyRFVLs3U&feature=related[/youtube]

16 Too damn funny. 5

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Von wrote:

Corey Taylor's a talentless, modern rock radio-chasing fuckhead clown. Sorry, but I'll take my Weiland with his tongue (presumably somewhat) in cheek holiday albums, Bowie/Eno-esque solo work, and increasingly neo psychedelia STP material to Taylor's jock happy, beer chugging, aggro metal, dyed black hair little teenage fanbase Slipknot and it's commercially watered down sibling, Stone Sour.

Scott Weiland is a legend and one of the last great FRONTMEN. Corey Taylor's... not my kind of person. I don't like him professionally and wouldn't like him personally if I were granted the "opportunity."

EDIT: Corey Taylor needs to lay off the cussing every three words business if he means to be taken seriously.

I only said "fuckhead" the once....

Great post.

Makes me seriously laugh and question anyone who challenges Scott's credentials. I mean really??

I hate U2 and Van Halen but would never let my personal taste get in the way of what is true.

Board footer