You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: GOTYE.... Somebody that YOU should know.

Bono wrote:

So I heard about this guy back in November and thought he was pretty great.  He blew up in the last few months in North America with his single Somebody That I Used To Know. 58 million views on the youtube video for that song and North American's could only purchase the album(Making Mirrors) as of last week.  Not even sure if his first album(Like Drawing Blood) is available here yet or not.  I'm not sure how popular he was before this outside of North America but I figured I'd start a thread for those who might  be interested. Awesome stuff I think.

Somebody that I Used to Know

Hearts a Mess
[youtube]rvbSiQZfACQ&ob=av3n[/youtube]
In Your Light
[youtube]7ORz1tum_uw&feature=related[/youtube]
A Distinctive Sound
[youtube]GNrVG4hu0Lw&feature=related[/youtube]
Eyes Wide Open

Coming Back

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Thanks dude! Listening now. LOVE that first song.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Opening track reminds me of So-era Peter Gabriel.

Will listen to the rest later...

smoke

smoke wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Opening track reminds me of So-era Peter Gabriel.

Will listen to the rest later...

I said it in another thread, but I can't hear anything but Sting and the Police in that first track.  Gabriel's not far off either.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I'd be curious to kwno what you guys think of the other songs. In my opinion Hearts a Mess is my favorite by him and I love In Your Light. theyre all good but I've never heard anyone say anything about any of his other songs besides Somebody That I Used To Know.

smoke

smoke wrote:

Just bought the album- I'll let you know what I think after I get a few listens in.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah people at my university seem really into Gotye lately, and for once I can see why.

smoke

smoke wrote:

This whole album is awesome, and even the tracks I didn't like at first have grown on me. Stand outs besides STIUTK are Eyes Wide Open, I Feel Better, State of the Art (!) and Easy Way Out.  Add in the great eye for art videos, and I think I've got someone new to follow.

Thanks for pushing him, Bono- mush appreciated!

smoke

smoke wrote:

P.S. I don't know anything about Kimbra beyond STIUTK, but her voice and appearance in the video and smoking hot. Her vocals and attitude are completely enchanting.  Has anyone given her a listen yet?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer