You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: Axl / GNR tribute on Norwegian TV!

Naltav wrote:

I might have mentioned this before. But bare with me, this makes me kinda of proud!

My cousin is in a famous Norwegian metalband called Kvelertak. They've won awards here in Norway and have opened for Foo Fighters and Mastodon). Dave Grohl is a huge fan! They've toured all over the world and are set to tour Australia in a few months!

A few weeks/months ago he was asked to join other well known Norwegian rockers to form a tribute band in regards to Axl's 50th birthday (and also a little bit because of the AFD anniversary, I think).

Tonight, the fruits of that labour will be shown on the only music show on Norwegian TV called Lydverket. As I understand it, there will be a special segment dedicated to Axl / GNR!

My cousin is the guy in the UYI-shirt.

Video of them doing It's So Easy:

http://www.nrk.no/lydverket/video-easy-boyz/

If that doesen't work because of stupid internet boarders, try this:

http://www.vg.no/musikk/artikkel.php?artid=10043051

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

As coming from these idiots that are "lydverket" I was pleasantly surprised by the non-biased article until the following:

For eksempel driver Vidar fra Kvelertak med aktivt forsvar av Axl Rose den dag i dag, og det er ikke vanlig i 2012.

Translated: For example, Vidar from Kvelertak is still actively defending Axl Rose to this day, which is not very common in 2012.

It's not that it's so BAD or so WRONG to say it, but I can feel that undertone to it, just grabbing that oppertunity to speak some crap about Axl, even on his birthday. Just annoys me.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Congratulate your cousin for The Troll Hunter for me.

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
DCK wrote:

As coming from these idiots that are "lydverket" I was pleasantly surprised by the non-biased article until the following:

For eksempel driver Vidar fra Kvelertak med aktivt forsvar av Axl Rose den dag i dag, og det er ikke vanlig i 2012.

Translated: For example, Vidar from Kvelertak is still actively defending Axl Rose to this day, which is not very common in 2012.

It's not that it's so BAD or so WRONG to say it, but I can feel that undertone to it, just grabbing that oppertunity to speak some crap about Axl, even on his birthday. Just annoys me.

I hear you! Very typical of them.

I just watched the show on TV. Right after my cousin says that he still thinks Axl is pretty cool, they show this pic:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREmNlLDZdSL6uG1wORbXGW2dX4MA-jVoNl6EOb1zSFN_rK9GG8

I mean, come on! A quick google search of recent Axl pics, shows several cool looking shots. But no! They had to slip in a low-blow at Axl...
roll

But all in all, it was a fun show!

For those interested, here's the entire show: http://www.nrk.no/lydverket/se-lydverket-na-31/

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Congratulate your cousin for The Troll Hunter for me.

I will! 22

I didn't they had a song in that movie untill I saw it! Was kinda cool!

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Off topic, but is english widely spoken in Norway?

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Off topic, but is english widely spoken in Norway?

More than certain European countries.

Why do you wonder?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I've been thinking about trying to get some work there over the the summer, I love the landscapes and natural history in the country, been looking online but there not much info for foreign folk looking for work.

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I've been thinking about trying to get some work there over the the summer, I love the landscapes and natural history in the country, been looking online but there not much info for foreign folk looking for work.

Check your PM!  smile

Board footer