You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Katy Perry

metallex78 wrote:

As for Katy, I think she writes catchy pop songs (even though I'm not a fan of pop music), and she's pretty easy on the eye as well, so good luck to her.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
faldor wrote:

As for Adele, and the 5 year break.  She's disputing that now.

Shocker.

Yeah, you just knew she'd backtrack on that statement when someone actually crunched the numbers, and she realized she probably legally would not be allowed to take off for 5 years.

I don't even think she realizes the kind of time element five years is. ALOT can change. Look at Axl. He took off for what? Seven years... his voice was never ever quite the same.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
faldor wrote:

When I first heard "I Kissed a Girl", I thought it was catchy but a bit tacky.  I thought for sure she'd be a one hit wonder and I wanted to hate her.  Then she went on Stern, gave a great interview.  That does wonders for my outlook on people.  If you can go on and do an interview and play along with Howard Stern, who I respect greatly, then you go up many points in my book.  I also never really "looked" at Katy Perry before and realized she wasn't half bad in that department if I do say so.  Then she kept spitting out the hits.  I even added this gem to my repertoire on the jukebox at the bar the other night.  Usually I exclusively play 80's, classic rock, GNR.  But Katy worked her way in there.

[youtube]t5Sd5c4o9UM&ob=av2e[/youtube]

All this does is confirm my hate of Kanye. What a fuckin douche.

Why he is so popular just confuses me 18

I gotta say though, this song has snuck into my head, and it's hard to get it out of there.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah, I don't mind Kayne in THAT SONG.  But as is often the case with these songs featuring someone else, I don't really see the need.  He doesn't really add all that much to the song that makes it any better in my mind.  Similarly, I like Snoop Dogg and all, but he was not needed on "California Gurls".

On the flipside though, this Timbaland song (which I've posted a few times before and will continue to do so) was enhanced by featuring, one Katy Perry.  I had never heard a Timabaland song before and may never again, but this one I like.  It's more of a duet though, as Katy has nearly as big a role as the Timba man, as I like to call him.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Man I hate auto-tuned vocals. One of the worst things to ever happen to popular music.

Katy looks hot in that video though... 11

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Man I hate auto-tuned vocals. One of the worst things to ever happen to popular music.

Katy's not auto-tuned though, because she's perfect. 20

Just noticed there is a version of E.T. sans Kanye, if that doesn anything for you.

To show the power of "featuring" artists on songs though.  According to wikipedia, E.T. was released as a promotional single for Teenage Dream in August and charted at 42 on the Hot 100.  The version with Kanye was released in February and reached #1.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
faldor wrote:

As for Adele, and the 5 year break.  She's disputing that now.

Shocker.

Yeah, you just knew she'd backtrack on that statement when someone actually crunched the numbers, and she realized she probably legally would not be allowed to take off for 5 years.

I don't even think she realizes the kind of time element five years is. ALOT can change. Look at Axl. He took off for what? Seven years... his voice was never ever quite the same.

Axl also abused the shit out of his voice during his prime though. Adele has had her fair share of vocal problems, but I think it's bad luck more than anything. Taking 5 years off might be good for her to be honest.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Katy's not auto-tuned though, because she's perfect. 20

Just noticed there is a version of E.T. sans Kanye, if that doesn anything for you.

To show the power of "featuring" artists on songs though.  According to wikipedia, E.T. was released as a promotional single for Teenage Dream in August and charted at 42 on the Hot 100.  The version with Kanye was released in February and reached #1.

If anything, it makes me REALLY lose faith in people's taste in music. Are the music buying public that clueless to show interest in a self-centred egomaniac douche like Kanye?

I think he adds nothing to the song, but I'm I'm probably biased because I hate him so much.

I'm really liking this song too. If Katy Perry releases a greatest hits set, I'd consider buying it.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I like the TGIF last Friday Night video

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Her new single Everything she does is catchy as hell but would all sound so much better with a rock feel with actual guitars. You can hear it's as if the songs are ment to be pop rock but are instead straight up pop
[youtube]2Fko7_SV3Lc&ob=av2e[/youtube]

Board footer