You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: GOTYE.... Somebody that YOU should know.

Axlin16 wrote:

I've been meaning to listen to this, and the other day I heard Somebody again, and just REALLY listened to it, and it almost felt like a time trip again to So-era Peter Gabriel.

A nice experience. I imagine hearing it and being on a speed boat in Florida during sunset.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

That's cool you guys dig it.  The album has such variety and takes ya on such a trip. As does his first album(although I haven't been able to purchase that one in North America... DUMB!)

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Covering it

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

They're Canadian. They actually performed it live this way on Ellen which I think is much cooler.  This video is cool but clearly not live so it loses some of the luster. I thought it would be impossible for them to do it live and actually sound good but they did it. I was impressed. This is the video  that went viral and helped GOTYE blow up big here in North America.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

No doubt Gotye is pretty good, but if I hear that goddamn Somebody That I Used To Know played one more time on the radio, I'm gonna shoot someone. It's been played to death here in Australia!

Lomax wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I've been meaning to listen to this, and the other day I heard Somebody again, and just REALLY listened to it, and it almost felt like a time trip again to So-era Peter Gabriel.

A nice experience. I imagine hearing it and being on a speed boat in Florida during sunset.

I heard it described as sounding like a duet between Sting and Katy Perry. Accurate.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I hear Sting, I don't hear Katy at all in it.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

First time hearing this. pretty cool

Board footer