You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: GOTYE.... Somebody that YOU should know.

Bono wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I hear Sting, I don't hear Katy at all in it.

I can hear the Katy Perry comparison. Obviously Kimbra is sounds different and still I don't think it's a stretch for someone to think its Katy Perry.

This is the first time I've seen an interview with him. Seems like a  decent guy to me.

Lomax wrote:
Bono wrote:

Seems like a  decent guy to me.

Yeah nice to see that in a famous musician for a change.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Lomax wrote:
smoke wrote:

P.S. I don't know anything about Kimbra beyond STIUTK, but her voice and appearance in the video and smoking hot. Her vocals and attitude are completely enchanting.  Has anyone given her a listen yet?

Yeah I youtubed some stuff experimental enough very nice though

I think she really defined the sound of STIUTK

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

My Making Mirrors vinyl was delivered the other day and I've spent a good amount of time now with it, it sounds fantastic. I can't believe how much I love this record.

I think I like the track I Feel Better better than Somebody...

yeah it's an awesome album and in my opinion  there's a handfull of songs on there that are better than Somebody That I used to Know.

Bono

Bono wrote:

Pretty sweet cover. 

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://www.noise11.com/news/cnn-kills-g … dium=email

CNN Kills Gotye

by Paul Cashmere on July 2, 2012

Gotye has had to deny his death in a Twitter post after a comment was posted on the CNN website stating that the Australian singer had killed himself.

In the early hours of the morning the comment on CNN iReport read, “At 4:32am EST, it was reported that Gotye had shot himself in the head with a 9mm handgun”. The story was quickly removed by CNN.

The report also claimed that the singer was taken to the Central Montmorency Hospital but died shortly after arrival.

In a Twitter post at around midnight Melbourne time Gotye posted, “I’m not dead. #Pinkalbumtitles”.

32-year old Gotye has now had 268,925,020 views of his ‘Somebody That I Used To Know’ video on YouTube. The Glee version of the performance has clocked up 17 million views and the Walk Off The Earth version has had over 124 million views.

The latest version of the song doing the rounds is the parody ‘The Star Wars That I Used To Know’. It has already had nearly 2 million views.

Gotye ‘Somebody That I Used To Know’ spent 8 weeks at number one on the American chart this year.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

You guys heard the awful dance mix (my words) of Somebody?  Guess it was too slow for some stations, and maybe he wasn't ready for the next single yet. It ruins the song in my opinion.

Anyways, heard Eyes Wide Open on the radio this morning, but it was Sirius, so I don't know if the terrestrial stations are playing it.  Great song.

Board footer