You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Nfl Draft - Free Agency

slashsfro wrote:

Manning signed with Broncos.

Smith should get more money from Niners now.

Rumor is that Miami (or Jacksonville) could trade for Tebow.  He's not better than Matt Moore.  They might as well just stick with Moore and draft Tannehill.  I don't really see a team trading up to 7 (or 6) to get him.

misterID here's an interesting Tannehill article:

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2012/03/12/wh … -prospect/

Regarding Fisher and the Dolphins, shouldn't you be blaming Ross?  He's the one that refused to give Fisher personnel control.  He's the one that has chosen to stick with Ireland.

Titans are bringing in Kameron Wimbley and Mark Anderson for visits.  They have to sign one of those guys.

Flynn actually got a lot less money than I'd thought he would.

Bills look interesting but still I'm not a big believer in Fitzpatrick.  Anyone else hoping that Manning totally bombs out in Denver?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Dolphins taking a shot on Garrard for competition at the QB spot.  Someone tweeted yesterday, I think it was John Clayton, that he expects the Dolphins to draft Tannehill due to the moves they have/haven't made to this point.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That's a really good article.

I really like Tannehill. The bitch of it is this: The Browns want a QB. Holmgren's pissed about how the RG3 thing went down and would do it just to fuck with us. We'd have to bet the farm to get The Vikings pick, I'm afraid.

I really don't know what Ross is doing. Ireland has 1 year left on his contract. Unless it's written in his contract, which might be the case seeing he's Parcell's boy and the Tuna made the contract, and as Parcell's left he said he wanted all the decisions to fall to Ireland, that's the only thing I can think of.

They should sign Kameron Wimbley.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

As a Vikings fan, I can say that out no.3 pick isn't worth crap anymore because of luck and rg3 going 1 and 2. If a team wants Tannehill though, ill gladly trade our pick

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Jets just look desperate trading for Tebow. Everybody knows Ryan loves the attention, did anybody think the Jets need more distractions? They said a guy like Tebow can unite their blown up locker room, but if they felt the need to extend Sanchez to protect his confidence after taking a shot at Manning, how do they expect him to play with Tebowmania breathing down his neck?

I'm no fan of either quarterback, and I don't think the Jets D is what it was a few years ago. Still a lot of time to make moves and have cleverer men than me strategize but right now I think the Jets are looking like a team that's more likely to miss the playoffs, fire their coach, and lose their QB than they are to win 10 games.

Bills signed Mark Anderson, and suddenly go from having one of the worst D-lines and pass rushes to arguably one of the best. Chris Kelsay and Alex Carrington are good depth options on the outside to insure for injuries. The team's secondary will look a lot better with this improved pass rush. Fitzpatrick might not be great, but I'd take him over Sanchez, Alex Smith, and even Joe Flacco, who have all taken teams to the conference championship game. For a team that hasn't made the playoffs since Bruce Smith was on the team, that type of potential is enough. They need a deep threat before a they need to improve at QB.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Anderson had a real nice season last year with the Pats.  He was a nice surprise.  He was more of a spot player before Andre Carter went down, but played a bigger role after that and still played well. 

In fact, he had such a good season, he priced himself out of New England and into a bigger contract.  Good for him.

And I agree, the Jets are a laughingstock, and I hope that continues.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'd take Alex Smith over Ryan Fitzpatrick, tbh. Alex would have had better numbers if they would have thrown some screens and run some spread, which Alex is really, really good at. I'd still take Trent Edwards. You still have the same record with Fitzpatrick two years later. But I'll give you this: He does throw like a wild man. No Bills QB will ever succeed unless they get an O-Line.

Tebow is just evidence that The Jets don't trust Sanchez, despite the contract extension.

I feel bad for Drew Stanton. Dude had a real shot at starting, now he's the third stringer.

MIAMI WILL TAKE HIM!!!! 16

misterID

misterID wrote:

I was a little worried about the new uniforms considering it's from NIKE, but damn, they're pretty nice. I like that they didn't make them radically different.

http://nikeinc.com/nike-football/news/n … nline/9150

..cept those ugly Seahawks uniforms. *pukes*

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Yeah the Seahawks jerseys look terrible. I wasn't a fan of the previous jerseys but the new ones look way worse.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Dear WAR,

On behalf of my Miami Dolphins I would like to offer a trade to your Minnesota Vikings. I'm willing to hand over DE Philip Merling, WR Davone Bess and RB Daniel Thomas along with our 1st round eighth pick and a 3rd round pick for your first round, third pick in the draft.

That is the offer and I look forward to hearing your response. Thank you.

Board footer