You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Aussie wrote:

I agree Faldor in the unlikely event of a full blown reunion Slash would be a big hurdle to get to amicable terms with too.  As you say, he likes the spotlight and likes calling the shots and he is certainly not as sweet and innocent as his media image may portray.

That said because of some of those desires he would be more likely to bend than someone like Izzy and maybe Duff too.  I could imagine those guys have some pretty non-negotiable "clauses/terms" to get their agreement on a full blown reunion.

Sadly though it's probably all academic really since I see very little chance of it happening beyond a brief HOF appearance.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

all Axl has to do is make a statement about it one way or the other. To judge the other guys because they choose their words carefully is ridiculous when the other guy either rants about it never happening or says nothing at all. the fact the other guys choose their words carefully shows they'd be willing to give it a go in my mind.

Yeah, but I think there's a difference with the way the others "choose their words carefully" than the way Slash does.  And rightfully so, the others have made their peace with Axl.  Slash has not, so there's obviously still some animosity there.  I agree that the others don't want to piss Axl off.  I'm not so sure about Slash.  I think with him, it's more of making himself look good and inconspicuously needling Axl here and there.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
bobo wrote:

i think whoever blames axl isn't a guns n roses fan

I'm willing to find a way to blame robin if you like? 16

14:laugh:

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

U have to remember. Axl and Slash had friction working together as in writing/recording direction of the band but Axl said Live shows were never a problem cause they always let him play whatever he wanted.

So that is my point.. its a one off.. few song performance of songs already written and performed 2 million times.

don't see the issue.

bobo
 Rep: -7 

bobo wrote:

-D-, the issue is slash, duff, izzy, steven, and matt sorum. they hold a grudge against axl. not the other way around. look at duff. he's downplaying the HOF. this is a guy who axl let play on a chinese democracy world tour. a world tour i might add which mainly consists of duff and slash songs. talk about calling the kettle black

they have the issue with axl rose. axl doesn't have issues with them. axl didn't lie or sell eddie trunk a bill of goods on the VH1 Classic TV interview. axl told the truth. like jack nicholson once said "bitter people can't handle the truth" and slash, duff, izzy, steven, and matt sorum can't handle the truth

they can't handle the truth axl doesn't want to play with them for one night only because they blame him for the breakup of the band in the 90's

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Aussie wrote:
misterID wrote:

Here's the FACTS:

Not ONE person from the old band is doing the slightest thing to perform at the HOF, per Duff and Slash. And not one answer has mentioned Axl as the roadblock.

Jesus Christ, get over it already...

That's because nobody wants to mention the elephant in the room when it comes to a coordinating a performance.

Not sure why we need to get over something just because we don't share the same opinion as you guys.

This argument is all assumption. Your answer is an assumption right here. You guys are playing mind reader now. There's nothing wrong with that, but some of you are acting like any other scenerio but the one you believe is impossible. I can totally accept it being Axl's fault... But there are things going on right now from the other guys that says that might not be the case.

No one knows. Monkey, Axl also said that he would never be in the same room with Slash, from the same chat that you quoted, yet that looks to not be the case now.

Getting over it is how steadfast you guys are in one end of the argument, like what Ali's saying. Here's my assumption:

Perhaps none of the guys want the headache of dealing with a reunion for a one off show. Maybe it has a lot to do with Steven, who'd be on their jock about a full blown reunion, going to the press constantly, calling them up, emailing them, trying to guilt them -- and even if it did lead into a full blown reunion, being his babysitter every night might not be a real exciting prospect for them.

Seeing how blase Slash has been about the whole thing really doesn't strike me as Axl being the horrible, tyrannical villain in this scenerio. But some guys might not be as into it as we'd like to think.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
misterID wrote:

Perhaps none of the guys want the headache of dealing with a reunion for a one off show. Maybe it has a lot to do with Steven, who'd be on their jock about a full blown reunion, going to the press constantly, calling them up, emailing them, trying to guilt them -- and even if it did lead into a full blown reunion, being his babysitter for it night not be a real exciting prospect for them.

Totally agree with this, Adler would be fucken unbearable.

bobo

bobo wrote:

steven adler is a road block in the way of axl performing with the boys at HOF

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bobo

bobo wrote:

steven adler is a road block based on his controversial meltdown n' departure from guns n roses

Board footer