You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Advice on books about GN'R

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I enjoyed Reckless Road.  That more covers the early days of the band slumming it in LA though, and is more of a photographic historical look.  Though it does contain plenty of good information, stories, first hand accounts.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Not really. It actually cuts off before AFD became huge, if I recall correctly.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Read Duff's book, don't ready Slash's book. Duff is a talented writer and a bassist. Slash is a talented guitar player if you catch my drift.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

Watch You Bleed
The Saga of Guns N Roses
by Stephen Davis

is the best book i've come across

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Yep, Of the 100 pages or so I've read of Watch You Bleed, they are very good

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

Yep, Of the 100 pages or so I've read of Watch You Bleed, they are very good

giggity

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I might get back into reading Slash's book pretty soon. I was considering picking up Steven's book one day. Probably when it's at a low price. Axl said that he wrote a book a few years back on like a forum where he did a Q&A. Still waiting on that. lol 14 I hear Watch You Bleed is good to an extent; but alot of reviewers say it has a ton of flaws with some of the book's content. Like they got some of the facts wrong and some dates & times are a little off. For instance, the book makes a reference to John Lennon's death for some reason and says 1984 instead of 1980 and other mixed up information.

I hear Duff's book from what I read on the internet that it covers alot of UYI tour stuff and also when Axl asks Slash & Duff to sign over the GNR name and copyright legal information.

Enjoy the good rock reading, Russ!

Board footer