You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

misterID wrote:

I'm not going to pile all of this totally on Steven. It was a delicate proposal from the get out, and I'm positive it was doomed from the beginning and no chance of happening. But the prospect of dealing with Steven, the media, and the back lash for not playing... I can't say I'm not surprised.

Sky Dog wrote:

Why would he decline the induction? Just say thanks but I won't be coming due to this, this and this.....this type of shit only hurts the new band. hmm

I just don't get it.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
killingvector wrote:

We could review Steven's comments just in these past few months, culminating in an unsolicited attack against the new band.

I think there was a real danger he would say or do something to embarrass Axl.

To be fair, Slash's revisionist history of the infamous house visit certainly was ill timed.

Did Slash talk about that now? I missed it. Was badly timed, for sure, if happened. BTW we don't even know the real history, so it's bold to say what revisionism is in this case.

Anyway, I think those parts of Axl's letters are only there to dodge the attention from the real issue, the one Bono was talknig about.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

Fuckinghell, I bet the Malibu Mafia & Jarmo are all conkers deep in each other now.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I reckon if Axl is saying someone shouldnt be inducted it is Adler, didnt he have an issue with Steven when they were working out who got paid what after AFD? Mabye Axl feels theres been guys in his new band who where more talented and are being denied entry, while junkie buffoon Steven who was fired from the band is being inducted. That plus the way Steven has been loudly championing a reunion to anyone and everyone since he got sober, can you imagine what he'd be like if he actually got to share a stage with Axl again? That would hilarious, I think we could all predict exactly what Steven would be shouting down the microphone 14

But all in all its the same fucking flaw dogging Axls new GNR vision that has dogged him since day one, the complete fucking lack or absense of new music.
Thats been his biggest burden, its not anything Slash, Duff, Steven or the media has been saying for the last 15 years, its been him hiding away and doing so little into forging a new musical identity for Guns N Roses.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:

Where exactly does he say that certain original members should not have been inducted?  Where are you reading that?

Ali

he says he dosnt' agree with who or who isn't being inducted. I clearly said in my post it's one or the other. It's plain as day Ali.

Yes, it's who is or is not being inducted, but not necessarily "original" members.  He never used the any descriptor in that way.  It could be that he doesn't agree with Matt Sorum's induction, not that he doesn't agree with Adler's induction.

Ali

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Mikka, Slash admitted he lied about the visit.

"Under the circumstances I feel we've been polite, courteous, and open to an amicable solution in our efforts to work something out. Taking into consideration the history of Guns N' Roses, those who plan to attend along with those the Hall for reasons of their own, have chosen to include in "our" induction (that for the record are decisions I don't agree with, support or feel the Hall has any right to make), and how (albeit no easy task) those involved with the Hall have handled things... no offense meant to anyone but the Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony doesn't appear to be somewhere I'm actually wanted or respected."

Mad, I'm thinking Matt being inducted is what he's protesting, and maybe something about the new line up, maybe not to let them be inducted but to acknowledge them. I don't know, that comment was very vague. If there were negotiations to try and find common ground as to what he had a problem with, I don't understand what he means that they didn't ask anything of the Hall.

I mean, the first thing that entered my mind was that he wanted to do his speech seperately from the other guys, but again, that's just conjecture as we don't know what the hell is going on... even when Axl tells us!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Honestly, I am done with this shit.

Wish I could get this tattoo removed from my forearm now.

He is a fucking pussy.

He is absolutely SCARED to face Slash and all the shit he talked about him.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Why would he decline the induction? Just say thanks but I won't be coming due to this, this and this.....this type of shit only hurts the new band. hmm

I just don't get it.

I don't think it will hurt the new band, but I agree there was another option.  Good point artist formerly known as Madagas 22

Ali

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I just don't get it.

Why would he intentially go on late at the Reading and Leeds Festivals when the promoter has made it quite clear that the local council and police authorities have licenced the festival under condtion of a strict curfew due to riots and various trouble in the preceeding years.

Cause in Axls eyes, everyones out ta get him roll

Seriously, Axl has made it clear in recent years he doesnt think much of this award, I would have been more suprised if he actually did show up.

Board footer