You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

war wrote:

Buzz, you need a new avatar to go with your new side on life.

unmasked3.jpg

The new and wiser annakin

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

haha

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war

war wrote:

thanks guys lol

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

All I can think about is poor faldor...

Nice!  Thanks for looking out for me.

So I was busy yesterday and didn't get a chance to check out the board.  Did I miss anything.

I'll keep this short because this subject has been and will continue to be beaten to death.

First off, re Eddie Trunk.  I agree HE has a different agenda against the Hall, and Axl is not saying no to the Hall because certain bands/artists haven't been inducted.  BUT, what Eddie is saying is the Hall wanted a GNR reunion obviously.  They did all they could to make that happen.  They had nothing to lose, they'd get major publicity either way.  The same efforts have been made by many a manager, record execs, etc.  All attempts have failed.  Yet the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame thought they'd be the ones to get it done.  Not happening.  Like atarilegend has pointed out, why in the hell would Axl agree to reunite for the Hall when he has supposedly turned down boatloads of money for doing the same thing in the past?  It doesn't make any sense when you think about it.  The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is viewed as a joke by many, and this only adds to that.

With that being said, I bought 2 tickets to the event when they went on sale with the HOPES that a miracle might occur.  Twas not to be though.  For awhile it was looking like all parties might at least show up, but the more I thought about it, that wouldn't have made any sense for Axl either.  Why show up and NOT play?  What purpose does that serve?  I think Axl's absence may actually increase the chances of somewhat of a performance by those members that do show up.  So in that sense, I could benefit, as it didn't seem like a performance of any kind was likely with Axl in attendance.  At least, more wishful thinking on my part.

On the subject of this being a F-U to the fans.  You mean the fans who've said F-U to Axl for the last 15 years?  The ones who use the terms NuGNR, cover band, wannabes, talentless hacks, etc., etc?  Does he really owe it to them?

Which leads to the crux of this whole thing.  I think it's painfully obvious that Axl and GNR haven't been able to accomplish what they've set out to since he reformed the band in the late 90's.  Many will put the blame squarely on Axl, and hell maybe you're right.  But I'm sure his point is, there are so many people out there, fans, critics, record execs, managers, etc. who didn't want him/GNR to succeed.  They've won to this point, and unfortunately I think they will continue to win.  The public has spoken on what GNR means to them, and it ain't what is currently constituted as GNR.  That makes moving forward kind of difficult, which if you haven't noticed is why we've gotten very little bang for our buck over the years.

Lastly, the minute after I read "the letter" I thought to myself.  "Alright, well it's time to move forward then."  As hard as it may be, an attempt has to be made to take things to the next level, whatever that may be.  Give us some indication that strides are being made for some sort of future for the current incarnation of GNR.  A reunion is obviously out of the question now.  We can put that one to rest once and for all, FINALLY!  So, as Axl might say "where do we go now?"

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war

war wrote:

nice post faldor

faldor

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

On a side note:

Duff, Slash etc downplay the hall cause they don't want to look like pretentious douchebags.

I'm sure they are extremely honored in their private moments.

I think Axl was honored too.  He just didn't want to deal with the bullshit that came with it.

war

war wrote:
russtcb wrote:
war wrote:

thanks guys lol

Showed it and explained it to my room mates. They laughed their asses off.

lol nice

faldor

faldor wrote:
war wrote:

nice post faldor

Thanks.  Just realized, I really didn't keep it all that "short".  I tried.  There was a lot to catch up on.

My mom called this morning and asked if I had heard the news.  I had no idea what she was talking about.  Low and behold, she was talking about Axl.  I asked her how the hell she heard about that.  She had seen it on AOL.  She felt sorry for me.  I tried to warn her that something like this could very well happen, so it was hardly a shock to me.  A mother always worries though.

Then to top it off, my aunt and uncle paid a visit today and said they saw Axl at the Hard Rock in Vegas awhile back.  Said he was accompanied by many females. 

Anyhow, I am still going to Cleveland.  Didn't quite work out the way I had hoped, but I can't wait to see how this charade unfolds.

Board footer