You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: *FALSE* "The Collective's" unofficial statement regarding C.D.

Neemo wrote:

buddy is at it again with the collective thing so before it gets deleted i figured i'd post it here. Make of it what you will.

gunns1 @ HTGTH wrote:

Names have been taken out of the people's e-mails to protect privacy.

This should indeed clear a few things up and put it into perspective,

February 13th 2008: 14:31.EST

From the desk of : -------------------, Geffen, Interscope A&M

FAO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

---Guns N' Roses---

Thank you for your patience with the proceedings of the album by the hard rock band "Guns N' Roses". The album "Chinese Democracy" is finally in post production as of January 2008. It has been nearly eight long, arduous years and as such it is a thrill to finally announce that the album is indeed completed.

Suggested Finalized Information:

(please refer to attachment CDsongs.nfo_1)
(please refer to attachment DVDchapters.nfo_2)

To say this album has taken a while is most certainly, an understatement, after various demonstrational products of the album leaked, two world tours had to be cancelled, then pulled back with a phenomenal world tour of 2006/2007, shows the fans patience in this band, and indeed the final album in question, Chinese Democracy.

Mr Rose was personally at Interscope earlier this month and thanks to our marketing and legal departments, has secured the rights for the sound bites and speech as used by Martin Luther King in the song "Madagascar" and thus we have come to an abridged agreement with the three siblings of the King Estate as of September 2007, as well as the guitar work used by the artist "Buckethead" stemming from earlier recordings of the album before his departure in 2004.

The original plans for this major release were to have included an earlier Extended Play disc and then to stem from that the first and second singles from the album, however due to conflicts of interest of the album the plans had been scrapped as of December 2007. The original Extended Play disc was to have contained at least three mastered tracks that were set to be on the album "Chinese Democracy" including the former referred song "Madagascar", as well as three that weren't, in order to give the fans a preview of the album that was forthcoming, however various problems have included lawsuits from former band members, the collapse of our sister company and the forced merger that has tied into that stemming from profits and loss of the financial year of 2006/2007.

The band's original plans were that the album would be released after the world tour in 2007, as with the world tour wrapped up and old and new fans seeing the new incarnation of Guns N' Roses, the album was expected to become a juggernaut and even one of the crown jewels of the music year, along with other established artists under our banner including "Good Charlotte" and "A Fire Inside" as well as our recent signed artists from the UK including "The Klaxons" and "Enter Shikari", then a longer than scheduled tour would have occurred in 2007 into 2008, backing the release of the album and playing shows and festivals that were not on other tours in previous years to integrate the world tour experience.

In late 2007, developments came around new material that had been recorded earlier in the year, with the option of those tracks becoming both physical and digital releases; however more problems arose when Mr. Rose and the current producer, Mr. Andy Wallace, declined against using the mix of the tracks. The tracks, which included the track known as "Motormouth" were set to be used in the new game by Electronic Arts Inc. known as "Burnout Paradise", however an agreement did come through the use of the original master track "Paradise City" which was the tie-in theme for the game.

However more recently the development of financial setbacks have arisen over the prospective release and schedule over the album, with the band set to tour in late 2008 into 2009 following the suggested release of the album has meant that the financing of one Mr. Rose has had to come to an abrupt halt for the time being, as the continuing conflicts are preventing us from nearing 100% completion. The planned tour was scheduled to be beginning in late fall of 2008, continuing into mid spring of 2009, where the second of the albums by the band was to have been released. A third and final album was scheduled for release shortly after this. Long-time friend of Mr. Rose, Mr. Sebastian Bach has been given permission of the use of this information by Mr. Rose. Mr. Bach also has collaborated on many tracks on the albums as well as many other artists and musicians, and as such, problems have arisen with other artist labels to use these musicians on the material, along with issues of pay and content rights.

The current problems that have arisen with the album are also that of visual proportion. The album does not as of yet have cover art and a theme to the cover, as, much to our dismay, Mr. Rose did not like the original concept cover from the album, as seen in a meeting with the band in late 2007. However with plans for the album to be released digitally at first, there are plans for us to come to compromise with Mr. Rose over this situation. With the proposed tour in question, and off the back of that said tour would come the release of the album, these plans, as stated before, are not set in stone, but we are nearing closer, as was said, the album is done, however the legalities and financial issues are the problems for this album at this time, as sale and printing of the albums, as well as copyright control and digital rights management, does not even cover 1/10th of the assets we have paid to Mr. Rose.

Negotiations are ongoing with the band and Mr. Rose's manager, Ms "Beta" Lebeis and as progress is becoming more and more evident now than ever, we are hoping to make a major announcement through official sources of Mr. Rose as of summer 2008.

The record company thus far has paid Mr. Rose an estimated $10 million plus for this album and to keep the well known, established artist under our varied umbrella of artists that includes such established artists as "Mary J. Blige", "U2" and "Sonic Youth". However at this present time, with the album finished and the first of three set to drop in stores in 2008, Mr. Rose's tenure with our label has come under question, as he is one of the most, as well as his band being some of the most, profitable artists that we could utilize to bring up the markets of music in the financial year of 2008/2009.

Yours Sincerely

Ms.-----------------------
                          Interscope/Geffen Records.

CDsongs.nfo_1

Finalized tracks on hard rock band "Guns N' Roses" - "Chinese Democracy" as of January 2008.

'¢   Chinese Democracy
'¢   I.R.S
'¢   Better
'¢   Sorry
'¢   Prostitute
'¢   No Way Back
'¢   Seven
'¢   Madagascar
'¢   The Blues
'¢   Broken
'¢   MotorMouth
'¢   If The World
'¢   Atlas Shrugged
'¢   Friend or Foe?
'¢   T.W.A.T (There Was A Time)

DVDchapters.nfo_2

Bonus DVD to contain performances from World Tour of 2006/2007

'¢   Welcome To The Jungle (Live at Los Angeles, USA,  Gibson Ampitheatre)
'¢   The Blues (Live At Los Angeles, USA,  Gibson Ampitheatre)
'¢   My Michelle (Live At Donington, England , Download Festival)
'¢   Better (Live At Manchester England, Evening News Arena)
'¢   I.R.S (Live At Nürburgring, Germany, Rock Am Ring)
'¢   Prostitute (Live At Rehearsals)
'¢   Interview with the Band
'¢   GuitarWorld feature on Robin Finck
'¢   Exclusive - MTV Cribs - Richard Fortus

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:

Just saw this on HTGTH and dont expect it to be there for too long!!

Its easy to call this an elaborate fake as I don't see the record company giving up any information, let alone this, to someone who randomly emails for an update.

But then again, I take pretty much everything concerning these guys as rumour or speculation. I'm sure one day something will come out that is actually truthful but it always seems like 'crying wolf' to me sadly.

Interesting to see MotorMouth on the tracklist - wasnt that the supposed leak that was rumoured to be floating around a week or 2 ago?

Still if its true: then we really are in for a massive treat with a MTV Cribs edition with Richard Fortus 16 Its been delayed so he could save up for a bigger house to show off.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

its the same guy that posted the supposed leak thing...i guess this is the big news we were supposed to get on the 15th

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

here is the guy saying who the "collective" are ...from cd.com

The Collective are:

Penelope Fitzgerald: PR and Talent executive of Interscope A&M
Josh Richards: Marketing And Resources of Geffen Records, Europe and Subsidiary.
And five other people.

The holdup with the EP was the marketing and the whole confirmation about the use of Martin Luther King for commercial use in the song 'Madagascar'

You're all idiots for not believing me. Because the sampler features a very obvious Brian May riff from Atlas Shrugged that was sent out for PR and Marketing.

The 15th of February will be significant as the Collective will be providing me with information as to the status and problems that are holding up the pre-release EP and the eventual album.

Believe Me or Don't Believe me.

The 15th will reveal all.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

What a load of shit.

They should have done their research, Broken was confirmed to be fake by Ron months ago. No such song exists.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

What a load of shit.

They should have done their research, Broken was confirmed to be fake by Ron months ago. No such song exists.

haha good call i forgot about that... 22

Don't Believe You

Who is this persion writing to anyway what does FAO mean, why even the purpose of this letter or memo.   

Again some person who has nothing better to do then to write up this long load of shit.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

well the guy has obviously been composing the letter for 4 days so i figured i'd post it 16

the letter contains "however" and "stemming" too much for my liking 16

but i cant wait to see Richard on MTV Crib's 9

and watching a song live  ... at rehearsals no less! awesome! 22

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Don't Believe You

Who is this persion writing to anyway what does FAO mean, why even the purpose of this letter or memo.   

Again some person who has nothing better to do then to write up this long load of shit.

food and agricultural organization? i wonder why they care about CD so much 16

HAHA

Well it seems really coincidental that this email is supposed to be addressed to a person -  that was posted over at Here Today by gunns1 -  and it coincidentally winds up on the message boards.

Board footer