You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

Bono wrote:

New trailer

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If you all are ready for The Dark Knight Rises...

Gimme a HELL YEAH!

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Promo teaser poster:

Dark-Knight-Rises-Viral-Game-Batman-Wanted-Poster.jpg

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Axlin12 wrote:

Gimme a HELL YEAH!

HELL YEAH!!! big_smile

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

So, is Joseph Gordon Levitt going to be Robin/Nightwing?

I was hoping he'd be Black Mask.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Gimme a HELL YEAH!

HELL MOTHERFUCKING YEAH!!!

That new trailer looks awesome, can't wait to see this!!!

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

So, is Joseph Gordon Levitt going to be Robin/Nightwing?

I was hoping he'd be Black Mask.

You know i've wondered for awhile if all these character names were 'fake names' to try and throw people off.

With the way they are promoting it, and the way the casting is breaking down.. I just cannot see how Levitt doesn't become Robin/Nightwing, and Cottiard isn't Talia Al Ghul. Yes I know, they aren't supposed to be those characters.... but DAMN it seems like it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I am beside myself excited for this flick. I could be wrong, but I think it's the only movie coming this summer that I actually care about.

Not looking forward to Avengers? I loved the first Iron Man movie from a few years ago. Apparently Avengers is very similar to that one, except with better action scenes. I'm looking forward to checking it out. TDKR trailer is attached as well. Speaking of the trailer...

I'm getting more and more convinced that Bruce might die. I know it's one of those things where it might be a red herring in the marketing, but it makes a ton of sense when you think about it. At the end of TDK, Batman sacrificed his reputation for the people of Gotham. It was a chill-inducing scene to see him take the blame for murders he didn't commit. So how the fuck to do you top that? My take is you have him literally sacrifice his entire being to stop Bane, who appears to be an unbelievable force of nature. The Joker talked shit about blowing up bridges, but Bane is actually doing it in this movie. He also attacks the stock exchange, which makes me think he's going to fuck over the city's economy in a big way. Batman gets his ass absolutely handed to him at some point in the film. He's on death's doorstep.

Here comes the Rocky III moment. He finds a way to come back and do whatever it takes to stop Bane, even if it means dying. By sacrificing himself, Batman's reputation is not only restored but he becomes a legend for the entire city. The Dark Knight RISES from being a murderer to being the city's savior and martyr. It makes a ton of sense from a storytelling standpoint, but it also makes sense for Nolan and Bale from the standpoint of, "We don't want anyone trying to continue our version and then ruining the franchise later on." It still pisses me off how the Schumacher movies are attached to the Burton movies. New actor, new director, same supporting cast. Therefore, same story! Fuck that. If Nolan kills Bruce in this movie, it forces the studio to reboot and publicly admit that the new franchise has nothing to do with Nolan's movies.

Another reason it would make sense for Bruce to die is because Nolan always does something ballsy with his movies. Killing an iconic superhero in a superhero movie would be the first time it's ever done, and probably not something we see happen again for a long time. It's just not something the studios will allow because superhero characters are such cash cow franchises, but Nolan is in a very strong position with WB due to TDK and Inception grossing almost $2 billion. It would be one of the ballsiest endings in any action movie if he does it. Because if he does it, there will be backlash from fans. Guaranteed. Some of us understand why it would work, but many of them will not accept it no matter what.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm getting the feeling they're setting it up that JGL will be the next Batman.

The comic fans wouldn't turn against Bruce dying because Bruce eventually retires (I'm not spilling the beans but it has something to do with Bane) and someone else takes on the role of Batman.

Board footer