You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Which Queen album do you like the most?

Which album do you think is one of your favorites? If you can't make a selection, you can just post some of your favorite songs from them.  It's opened to everyone. I did this out of boredom. Have a good time in the discussion.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Excellent choice. : D It's cross for A Night, A Day at the Races or Jazz. Even though I love a bunch of stuff off of Sheer Heart Attack and the stuff they did in the mid 80s with Radio Gaga, Under Pressure, and One Vision is like one of my favorite Queen songs too. Tough choice for me; but I just picked A Night at the Opera overall.   Of course. Thanks man!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Oooh, nice topic. Really fascinating for me as a big fan (in my Top-3 all-time with GN'R & AIC).

Problem for me with Queen, just like prime-era Stones (67-73), is that it's so hard to just narrow it down. Especially that 70's catalog. There's so many just legendary, and some deep cut underappreciated songs scattered in all of those albums, that it is literally hard to narrow it down.

I guess i'm kinda weird, but i've always kinda disagreed with alot of segments of fans and what they like about certain albums.

For example, alot of musicians, absolutely adore Queen II. I don't get it at all. I actually thought Queen I was better than II.

Most people instantly say, "Night At The Opera" as Queen's definitive album, which is cool, but I was always partial to Sheer Heart Attack.

Then you've got that great 80's catalog, which was pretty popular in it's own right despite going a more pop-route. I threw votes out for Sheer Heart Attack, The Game, The Works, A Kind of Magic & Innuendo as my favorites 'of Queen', and in some ways I still feel like I slighted Night At The Opera, and possibly even Day At The Races.

Ultimately, my absolute favorite Queen album is some sort of tri-tied combo of The Game, A Kind of Magic, and Innuendo, which is a weird combination of choices, but i've always felt that way. I still look at The Game as a 70's album, and that the 80's didn't really start until Hot Space. So ultimately to me, that's a best of 70's, best of 80's, best of 90's.

Favorite tunes from each album:

The Game - Rock It (Prime Jive)

9 just rockin'

A Kind of Magic - Who Wants To Live Forever

[youtube]_Jtpf8N5IDE&ob=av3e[/youtube]

Their finest moment; simply the best... RIP Freddie... and Heather & Ramirez from Highlander 16

Innuendo - Bijou

A glorious beautiful song, that I hope when I die plays in heaven and never ends in new guitar hooks and soloing and hints of Freddie. It's even better high.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I chose Bijou for Innuendo, but I easily could've chosen Innuendo, These Are The Days of Our Lives, Ride The Wild Wind or The Show Must Go On.

Me_Wise_Magic

Oh..God, The Show Must Go On gives me chills every time I listen to it. It's such a beautiful song and a perfect send off to Freddie's final performance on a studio album he was involved with. I actually was looking around albums and trying to get into the deeper cuts of the records and found some interesting tracks. Tried out Made in Heaven too since I've only heard 2 or 3 songs from that album before. These Are The Days of Our Lives I first listened to on the Absolute Greatest Hits album and it's another wonderful song with the great melancholy vibe it has around it.

Me_Wise_Magic

russtcb wrote:

I completely agree on the "It's hard to pick just one" idea. I'm like that with Floyd and Elvis too.

That's  me with The Beatles and Floyd! 16

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

Oh..God, The Show Must Go On gives me chills every time I listen to it. It's such a beautiful song and a perfect send off to Freddie's final performance on a studio album he was involved with. I actually was looking around albums and trying to get into the deeper cuts of the records and found some interesting tracks. Tried out Made in Heaven too since I've only heard 2 or 3 songs from that album before. These Are The Days of Our Lives I first listened to on the Absolute Greatest Hits album and it's another wonderful song with the great melancholy vibe it has around it.

I can see that, but I actually always thought of...

as the send off for Freddie. Probably because it's really the last time we see him, and he's so personal. I always thought of The Show Must Go On as QUEEN's send off to the old days as a band.

Me_Wise_Magic

Oh I could definitely agree with that as well. Especially when they show that music video towards the end of his life in Queen documentaries. It's a very sad song because Freddie can never got to truly enjoy some of that happiness and enjoying the later years of his life which it described in the lyrics which makes it very emotional.  I heard Roger could barely sit through the filming of this and I'm Going Slightly Mad ones cause of Freddie's condition and that his time was coming towards the end.

Board footer