You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: "Blood in the Water" (NEW idea discussion)

war wrote:

bigbri thinks it's catchy
bono thinks it isn't

NUFF SAID

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
war wrote:

bigbri thinks it's catchy
bono thinks it isn't

NUFF SAID

True that. At no point was I telling others what to think of the clip.  To even suggest that is fucking stupid.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

no, you didn't.
assumptuous, not stupid.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Well, I like it and want to hear more. I have no problem with more electronica. in fact, I loved the last section of Prostitute.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
jonesy wrote:

Well, I like it and want to hear more. I have no problem with more electronica. in fact, I loved the last section of Prostitute.

Nice avatar Jonesy!

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Ta...

Truth is, I thought CD was a bit of a mish-mash, could have stripped out some of the synth and layers to make the rockers more rocky, and could have ripped guitars out of others to make them more electronica and distinct in their own right.

If this remix album rumour is true, regarding brain at least, I bet there is some interesting stuff to he heard, that is if it ever sees the light of day.

Here's hoping.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Well, like I said, listened once, now twice, and the delivery of "blood ... in the water" has been stuck in my head. But I guess it's not catchy at all. I wish my brain would stop that.

Please, go on and tell me more about what I think is catchy ...

Please,  go on and and tell me more as to why I need to agree with you and others who think it's catchy. Guess I  forgot to post a disclaimer saying  "IN MY OPINION".   Funny,  I didn't see those who think it's catchy posting a  disclaimer saying "IN MY OPINION". they just stated it like a fact, no different than what I did. Yet  I didn't whine and bitch that others were telling me what to think. I was able to comprehend that in other's opinion it is catchy even if I don't agree and can't see how they'd feel that way.  I just said what I think.  Cry if you want.

IN MY OPINION I don't see why anyone would find this catchy because IN MY OPINION it's not catchy at all.

That better?

roll

No, I don't mean to say you have to agree. That was eight hours ago and honestly I don't care anymore. Not even sure why I responded that way. But, I'm glad I could give you an opportunity to blast someone else on this forum.

Sky Dog wrote:

he's an equal opportunity offender....

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

For purposes of discussion...

For me I'm finding the lyric "I see blood in the water" catchy because of the melody of those lyrics...although it's almost spoken there's a sort of a syncopation to it, the second half of the phrase as each word is getting lower pitch wise...ending with the the way the syllables of 'water' are almost drawn out...then the way it hits the "ahh"/"ohhh" up high and sets up the pattern to loop.

Not sure if that makes sense. But like you could hum that rhythm and tune if you will without the lyrics and it makes like almost a loop in like a techno type way. Not saying there's all that much to it, but it sticks in my head after hearing it the same way other types of simple tunes do - things like nursery rhymes and stuff (don't mean that as an insult to the song either) - it's just like a catchy melody inside those words to my ears...

Although I totally respect that Bono isn't experiencing this effect.

More broadly it's one of the things I've always been interested in - the way different people experience different sensations from the same music. My sister would get chills from music that bores me...and likewise I'm sure I listen to a lot of stuff in a whole different way to her that she wouldn't like the nuances of.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Mr. Soulmonster wrote:

i don't want to troll this forum. maybe you will hear this phrase very soon, is all i can say for now.

The thing is I believe those might be the lyrics.

Which mean I believe you've heard the song.

Which means I believe you probably have the song.

I  know I don't have the song.

I know I'm just as big a fan as you.

I know how much it means to me to hear GNR songs.

I know I'll buy the legit album no matter what leaks I do or don't hear first.

So to me your post translates to saying "I have something that you'd really like, not only am I not going to give it to you, but I'm going to demonstrate my superiority by waving it here just out of your reach and playing games with your eagerness for it"..

So it's kind of offensive. Maybe that's not what you mean to do. But now you understand why people don't take it well when you post things that amount to bragging about how you have what we want yet won't share with us.

Board footer