You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Moscow, Russia (2 Show Discussion)

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

It's funny that Duff was spineless and some posters lost all respect for him a few short months again. And with one subtle jab in an article directed at Axl, hallelujah! Duff is the picture of sainthood. Pristine integrity. A spine made of steel, I tell you! ...

I want to say for the record I was surprised he took the shot at Axl a month later and posted the article to see what others thought...not to gang up on Axl or love on Slash.  I even questioned if doing that was the right thing.  While the broad brush your painting with may apply to some extent, it seems that there are some broad brushes coming from a lot of different directions.  The reason: there's nothing else to do.  There's nothing new to discuss.  Theres nothing on the radar.  The only thing people are mostly united on is getting rid of the fake insiders.

Maybe we need someone to create a new ID every few weeks and posting some BS to keep us all more united...

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

same setlist... who wouldve guessed... same old discussion who would've guessed 16

the same band yet again has to count for something...at least there is some stability happening here

the more comfortable axl is then the more likelyhood he will venture out side the safety of his little bubble and maybe try somethign new

He's had 4 years of stability...how many does he need until he feels comfortable enough to do something?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

2010 Moscow Show:

Chinese Democracy
Jungle
ISE
Brownstone
Sorry
Fortus
LALD
TIL
Rocket Queen
Dizzy
Street of Dreams
You Could be Mine
DJ
SCOM
Another Brick in the Wall
November Rain
Pink Panther
Knocking on Heaven's Door
Nightrain
Madagascar
Better
PC

2012:

Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
ISE
Mr. Brownstone
Sorry
Rocket Queen
Estranged
Richard Fortus Solo
Live and let die
TIL
Motivation
Dizzy solo
SOD
YCBM
DJ Ashba Solo
SCOM
Another Brick In The Wall
NR
BF solo
Don't Cry
Better
KOHD
NT
Maddy
PC

So Umm...yeah...I guess something they hadn't had yet was estranged wink

Just a minor correction.  According to the setlist posted on HTGTH, in 2010 Maddy was not played, Whole Lotta Rosie was in its place.  So technically they got TWO songs they "hadn't had yet". 

And as for them being "afraid" to play new songs.  Not sure I'd go that far.  It is true that other bands/artists debut songs before an albums release.  Heck, GNR themselves did this in 2001.  Which leads me to my point.  I know I don't have to remind anyone, but GNR debuted songs off of Chinese Democracy SEVEN+ years before they were released.  Now, I'm sure this wasn't the ultimate plan.  As many have said, the original plan was for the album to come out sometime in 2002.  Obviously that didn't happen, and with each passing year it became more and more of a joke.  Honestly, for SEVEN+ years we listened to those songs, watched different lineups play those songs, heard MORE songs that wouldn't be released for years to come.  Again, I don't have to stress how ridiculous that all was.

So could it be, the band doesn't want to go through that ridiculous charade again?  I don't think anyone would be shocked if a new record was not a certainty for the near future.  So maybe they don't want to debut songs that may not see the light for another SEVEN+ years or so.  Yes you can argue the absurdity of that fact and point out how no other band in the history has as many issues of putting out new music than poor ole Axl.  I get it.  Obviously it's not an ideal situation.  Just throwing that out there as a possibility.  Now everybody have a nice relaxing day, because we'll probably have a whole lot of bitching to do later on when the play the same old boring tired unimaginative setlist.  Until then.  19

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

It's funny that Duff was spineless and some posters lost all respect for him a few short months again. And with one subtle jab in an article directed at Axl, hallelujah! Duff is the picture of sainthood. Pristine integrity. A spine made of steel, I tell you! ...

I want to say for the record I was surprised he took the shot at Axl a month later and posted the article to see what others thought...not to gang up on Axl or love on Slash.  I even questioned if doing that was the right thing.  While the broad brush your painting with may apply to some extent, it seems that there are some broad brushes coming from a lot of different directions.  The reason: there's nothing else to do.  There's nothing new to discuss.  Theres nothing on the radar.  The only thing people are mostly united on is getting rid of the fake insiders.

Maybe we need someone to create a new ID every few weeks and posting some BS to keep us all more united...

I really didn't want to single out anyone, tbh. That's why I didn't mention it in that thread. I could buy that there isn't anything other to do because there's nothing to discuss, if the same stuff didn't STILL go on when there is something new to discuss. When the album dropped. When a tour started. When a new member comes on board. When a "new" classic is put in the set. Same story, same people, doing the same thing.

So, I can't agree with you there. If there was a new leak, new album released, new member, it would be the same thing.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Maybe it's just human habit to more likely complain about something they don't like rather than post about something they do.

Metallica's official message board which I visit for news (but rarely post) is full of bitching, and Metallica always mix up their set, debut new songs live, and release music more frequently than GN'R, but still people find shit to complain about.

I come here, because first and foremost, I fucking love what Guns N' Roses did between 1987-1993, and that hooked me in for life to follow Axl and GN'R in any incarnation, with the the hope that I'll get more of what I loved in those golden years.

But as the years go on, that hope gets less and less...

Still, I love the community here more than anything too, because even outside of GN'R, I share a lot of common music tastes in other bands with people here

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

And as Russ has said, this is THE best GN'R discussion forum on the net.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

same setlist... who wouldve guessed... same old discussion who would've guessed 16

the same band yet again has to count for something...at least there is some stability happening here

the more comfortable axl is then the more likelyhood he will venture out side the safety of his little bubble and maybe try somethign new

He's had 4 years of stability...how many does he need until he feels comfortable enough to do something?

look at brian wilson 16

who knows what eccentrics think

Lomax wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Maybe it's just human habit to more likely complain about something they don't like rather than post about something they do.

If it ain't broke no one is going to fix it. If it is broke, everyones gonna have an opinion on how to fix it

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

doubt it. it was not that long ago that people were complaining about no civil war or estranged. within days of getting them the bitching commenced.

gnr isn't doing anything wrong people.

we all want new music and that isn't wrong either.

the bitching just doesn't change anything.

as long as people continue to buy tickets around the world to these shows there is no real incentive for axl to do anything other than what he is doing right now.

Board footer