You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Guns N' Roses ban fans from wearing Slash t-shirts to their UK gigs

Aussie wrote:

Ahh this old chestnut.

Like others I highly doubt it's at Axl's request, but rather his enablers - management.

As for why it doesn't seem to happen at every gig. Maybe they only put in the request if Axl has had some hissy fit about Slash or some other shit in the day or so before the gig.  Something might set him off and so the Lebeis' go into damage control and issue that request.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yes...I'd guess it's done to make sure Axl won't get upset rather than because he asked for it directly.

Normally I'd say if someone gets that upset over something so small they need some kind of therapy but then Axl's always got upset over things so I guess it just is what it is.

It's more of the stepford wivesness of this band though. Pretend Slash never existed all while DJ mimics his stage moves down to the exact blocking in songs and then plays his solos.....but god forbid anyone in the audience liked slash or thought he added something to the songs.

johndivney wrote:

I wouldn't have believed except for Russ...
Now I do believe it, I think it could well come from Axl. incase it slipped by any of you, he really has an irrational hatred toward Slash & this craziness fits w/other crazy things he's said & done about Slash..

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I don't think it's direct though.

I'd guess it's more like some days he's walking around the hotel ranting about slash and threatening to cancel the tour.....going on about how all people want is slash and we're all lied to by the media....

and someone in the background goes "jesus...imagine if the whole front row happens to be in slash shirts....Axl will storm off" and does their thing.

I don't think it's that he goes "Hey...I'll fuck with fans dress sense" directly...it's more like EVERYTHING that happens in GNR happens because management is always AFRAID axl will have one of his rage incidents. So they do anything they can think of to shut it down no matter how bizarre.

Axl knows what's going on with everything, some people pretend that Axl doesn't know shit like this is going on and ofcourse in reality he's the one who makes sure it's enforced, this "band" has become bullshit

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

but god forbid anyone in the audience liked slash or thought he added something to the songs.

Or that he contribuetd to writing them altogether. It's like they sometimes try to present this Gn'R as THE Gn'R who are responsible for the legacy.

monkeychow wrote:

I don't think it's direct though.

I'd guess it's more like some days he's walking around the hotel ranting about slash and threatening to cancel the tour.....going on about how all people want is slash and we're all lied to by the media....

and someone in the background goes "jesus...imagine if the whole front row happens to be in slash shirts....Axl will storm off" and does their thing.

I don't think it's that he goes "Hey...I'll fuck with fans dress sense" directly...it's more like EVERYTHING that happens in GNR happens because management is always AFRAID axl will have one of his rage incidents. So they do anything they can think of to shut it down no matter how bizarre.

This is the the excat reason why surrounding yourself with chicken shit YES MEN can and does cripple your world. Nobody in the Gn'R camp will allow Axl to get over Slash. I have no doubt they are all like Grima Wormtongue in LOTR whispering lies and paranoia into the ear of Saruman(Axl). To be honest they dont' want him to get over his hatred for Slash because the moment he does the old band reunites and these leaches are out on their ass.

**Edit: As Monkey already caught I meant Axl is Theoden not Saruman.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Doesn't Axl have to THINK about Slash every concert he performs Slash songs?

fucking weird

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Bono wrote:

Nobody in the Gn'R camp will allow Axl to get over Slash. I have no doubt they are all like Grima Wormtongue in LOTR whispering lies and paranoia into the ear of Saruman(Axl). To be honest they dont' want him to get over his hatred for Slash because the moment he does the old band reunites and these leaches are out on their ass.

I think you mean Axl is Théoden actually, as it was Saruman who sent Grima (/end lotr nerd mode) to manipulate him. But name semantics aside...it's a very interesting point you make.

I see two possible senarios:

(a) Axl is an over analyser. Over time he has replayed time and time again everything that happened with Slash and increased the level of wrong doing by slash in his mind. He's obsessive about it like he's been about many other things in his life. The GNR family are people who walk on egg shells trying to avoid Axl having his daily meltdowns and do a fine job of keeping him alive and helping get out of him as much art as we do despite his ongoing psychological issues.

(b) The family are exploiters who take advantage of Axl's natural characteristics and do as you say by subtly doing things that increase Axl's distrust of people around him to maintain their own positions of privilege with him.

Or it could be something different again.

For the record I'm not suggesting Axl has no reason not to be pissed at Slash, from my external take of events, seems to me they've both done regrettable things at times, but Canter's take on it seemed to be that Axl has moved on from asking Slash to apologise for the wrongs he's done to also asking Slash to apologise for conspiracy theories that he didn't actually do as well. The question to me is why...is it option A or B...or something else.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Bono wrote:

Nobody in the Gn'R camp will allow Axl to get over Slash. I have no doubt they are all like Grima Wormtongue in LOTR whispering lies and paranoia into the ear of Saruman(Axl). To be honest they dont' want him to get over his hatred for Slash because the moment he does the old band reunites and these leaches are out on their ass.

I think you mean Axl is Théoden actually, as it was Saruman who sent Grima (/end lotr nerd mode) to manipulate him. But name semantics aside...it's a very interesting point you make.
else.

16 Actually yup you're right. I did mistakenly type Saruman. Pretty impossible for someone like Wormtongue to manipulate someone like Saruman. As soon as I logged back in and read what i had typed  I thought WTF?

I think the two scenarios you suggest are what it is. It's a combination of both. The leaches feed off and amplify what Axl already thinks. They buy into it probably with such vigor that Axl feels incredibly validated and thus the cycle repeats forever. The moment the clan doesn't buy into this paranoia is the moment Axl fires them all so to be on the safe side they not only buy into it they build it up even more.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

At this point... who cares.

Board footer