You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bucketfoot
 Rep: 4 

Re: GUNS N' ROSES Drummer To Perform In New York City - Feb. 21, 2008

bucketfoot wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
Neemo wrote:

funny thing is that the man who is reaponsible for a large chunk of the hits, Izzy, is the only one who doesnt really tie his name to it...i dont think i ever see "former guns guitarist, Izzy stradlin'" in headlines

True Neemo.  Izzy doesn't really need to, he's kept his credibility through all this crap...maybe because he was the first to leave before the train finally wrecked.

Or it's because Izzy was a no-good lying junkie wrapped up in his world of drugs and the combination of his habit, pressure from the band,  and a large, highly demanding tour schedule forced himself to either walk away or be fired so he could get happy and healthy, let alone play a show.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
bucketfoot wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
Neemo wrote:

funny thing is that the man who is reaponsible for a large chunk of the hits, Izzy, is the only one who doesnt really tie his name to it...i dont think i ever see "former guns guitarist, Izzy stradlin'" in headlines

True Neemo.  Izzy doesn't really need to, he's kept his credibility through all this crap...maybe because he was the first to leave before the train finally wrecked.

Or it's because Izzy was a no-good lying junkie wrapped up in his world of drugs and the combination of his habit, pressure from the band,  and a large, highly demanding tour schedule forced himself to either walk away or be fired so he could get happy and healthy, let alone play a show.

Uhhh what? Izzy pretty much left the band because of Axl's erratic behaviour and to get away from all the drink and drugs. He also helped to write most of the old material and was a ying to Axl's yang or vice-versa. Don't see where you're coming from with all that.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah izzy got clean himself before he quit and then it was really hard ot be around it all...watching his freinds kill themselves and watching axl become consumed by power...he's had some pretty candid interviews on the matter

anyway its funny everyone throws around the "junkie" word like its derogatory and axl can do no wrong....cuz there was a time when he was jsut as bad as the rest of them, as far as substance abuse went

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Neemo wrote:

yeah izzy got clean himself before he quit and then it was really hard ot be around it all...watching his freinds kill themselves and watching axl become consumed by power...he's had some pretty candid interviews on the matter

anyway its funny everyone throws around the "junkie" word like its derogatory and axl can do no wrong....cuz there was a time when he was jsut as bad as the rest of them, as far as substance abuse went

Not to mention that the current line-up isn't that clean of drugs and booze, just think about Tommy, and I'm also not sure about Richard and Robin's addictions. Even Axl is a heavy drinker, he canceled a show in 2006 because he wasn't allowed to drink onstage.

Sky Dog wrote:

Tommy has been throwing down since he was 15.:beer: However, nobody in this band or the old band comes close to matching the mess that Slash and Duff were.:slash:

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:
madagas wrote:

Tommy has been throwing down since he was 15.:beer: However, nobody in this band or the old band comes close to matching the mess that Slash and Duff were.:slash:

Yes, but Tommy Stinson needs no introduction.  The Replacements were out their way before GNR ever were. 

I swear Madgas, sometimes I think you and I are the only ones who can recognize true talent

elmir wrote:

what pisses me off about these things is how no one at at that other place considers these performances a shameless punt on their gnr fame in order to pull more seats at these gigs and sell records.....yet when slash mentions gnr or axl rose in an interview...he is using gnr to promote himself and his new band....

nonsense....

the difference:  one of the guys in actually in the band right now and the other one was way over a decade ago.

Board footer