You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

tejastech08 wrote:

June 19th is the 20th Anniversary of Batman Returns. Watched it on Blu-ray last night. Fucking love that movie. Keaton and Pfeiffer's chemistry is unmatched in the superhero genre, and Pfeiffer's performance is the best female performance by far in the genre. Keaton, DeVito, and Walken are all great in their roles too. I love how the three villains are all a more extreme version of Bruce in some way, whether it's the greedy businessman, the angry orphan, or the traumatized vigilante.

I love Elfman's score and feel it's just as good as the 1989 film's score. It has some great new themes for Catwoman and Penguin. I love the snow-covered Gotham that Burton gave us. It's gorgeous and really looks great on Blu-ray. Ultimately, the film's dark content led to a backlash from soccer moms at the time and as a result it ended up being arguably the most underrated superhero movie ever made. Nevertheless, it is a damn good Batman movie IMHO. Happy 20th to one of my childhood favorites. I look forward to enjoying it for many years to come.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Looks pretty cool! I love the whole noir comic vibe to it! cool

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

tejastech08 wrote:

"Mr. Wayne." If that shit doesn't send chills down your spine, I don't know what will. I love how Bane catches his punch and then looks at him like, "Bitch please!!!!"

That looks like it's going to be a great scene, obviously confirms Bane discovers Batmans real identity as well.

Clearly you can't judge without seeing the whole film but yet again it appears they've got the villain casting spot on. Just like with Ledger you totally forget that you're watching 'Handsome Bob' from Rock N Rolla causing carnage from behind that mask.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Oh..that one is amazing! Looks like the images from the trailers.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I'd buy that last Bane one in a heartbeat.

Me_Wise_Magic

Hell yeah! 5

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Sweet! I think the last Bane one is probably the best one in my opinion cause it suits the film itself really well.

Board footer