You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: Guns n' Roses Sorry Sebastian

Gibbo wrote:

These sound pretty cool

[youtube]aY2s7Vz-z2I&feature=plcp[/youtube]
[youtube]C02RFgFBttY&feature=plcp[/youtube]
[youtube]K8bg5ksw2HU&feature=plcp[/youtube]
[youtube]l2xS0lyXZvg&feature=plcp[/youtube]
[youtube]lrbxe5XscA4&feature=plcp[/youtube]
[youtube]2A4u_fLmQH4&feature=plcp[/youtube]
[youtube]U-iWKqn-f6g&feature=plcp[/youtube]
[youtube]Ot7P74aZGIc&feature=plcp[/youtube]
[youtube]dSJVMzvDYUs&feature=context-chv[/youtube]

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

How can you tell? Honest question.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Why u think axl cant sing alot of these live? He disqualifies any discussion when comparing post gnr careers cause he even copy n paste the guitar solos together qhich disqualifies any of them from being better than slash's imo

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:

Why u think axl cant sing alot of these live? He disqualifies any discussion when comparing post gnr careers cause he even copy n paste the guitar solos together qhich disqualifies any of them from being better than slash's imo

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Ali

imsorry wrote:

Auto tune is not only use for tune its also use as effect and its the case here ,its common in hip hop and pop production...

Lomax wrote:
-D- wrote:

Music Technicians have been around since the 40s bro.

Pink fucking Floyd copy pasted solos LITERALLY. Led Zeppelin over dubbed and used synths. Music Tech is very rock n roll.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

@Riad: Of course! smile As for vocal effects, Axl has been doing it for years not just for the Chinese sessions. The production is shown that he used effects on his voice on part of the chorus for Rocket Queen and even alot of the songs on UYI 1&2. I love when people on youtube are uploading the instrumental and backing parts of the CD songs and showing some images of what could of been the artwork used in the booklet. Even though showing pictures of the band members who contributed was cool too. Hoping it gets to be used soon for something. I love some of the mixes and different parts of Prostitute that someone uploaded a few months back. As for the cutting & pasting of the solos and other guitar parts & riffs, this discussion has reappeared time and time again. Please move on! We don't need another argument around this thread.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I laugh so hard every time I listen to the Baz vox highlighted on Sorry. Dude went on and on about how evil auto tune and Pro Tools are.

It's really two different things though.

I think Baz was talking about people who can't sing without it and the generation of front men that have no natural skills but who rely entirely on technology to sound remotely acceptable.

Then there's the use of technology in production for a specific sound or effect, or to augment a flavour of something...as is common in a lot of musical styles.

I don't see a contradiction here. Yes they've put effects on this track but it isn't because Baz can't pitch a note without it....i've seen him in both large and small venues, sometimes with very raw production, and he's got a very good sense of pitch and general singing talent.

To me it's similar to effects on guitar. Some people who can't play well use a ton of effects to cover that up, however that doesn't mean that it's bad when someone who can play well even with a clean signal, like slash or bucket, uses an effect for a specific purpose.

Board footer