You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Well I know now why I didn't hear about the Batman marathon thingy. I checked around and like Tejas... it's no where near me. Not even close.

So it comes down to this. Do you drive a long ass way for the marathon? Or do you spend the money and drive a long ass way for the IMAX? Or do you just fuck it, and drive 10 minutes for the regular HD flick?

I'm a fan, but i'm getting grumpy in my old age, and sitting in a chair that fuckin' long wrecks my back. I dunno hmm

For what it's worth, I'm not paying extra for IMAX. From what I understand, this one is just like TDK in that some of it is in IMAX, not all of it.

An hour of it is in IMAX, which is more than twice as much as TDK. Did you see TDK in IMAX? The 27 minutes of IMAX footage was completely worth the extra money. It will be years before we see a full Hollywood movie shot in IMAX because the cameras are too loud to record dialogue on the set, so you're stuck basically using the cameras only for action sequences where the dialogue is ADRed regardless.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

On the topic of IMAX: watch out for LieMAX. It's a bunch of screens that are branded IMAX but don't actually have the capability of showing real IMAX footage in its native form. They are essentially just a bigger version of your regular theater. There are only around 80 real IMAX screens in North America that will be showing TDKR. The other 300 or so will be LieMAX screens. They charge the same price for a dramatically smaller screen than real IMAX and they have digital projectors that cannot even handle running film IMAX content. Here is an image that illustrates the size difference between real IMAX and LieMAX:

DV101_screencompa.JPG

Lomax wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

On the topic of IMAX: watch out for LieMAX. It's a bunch of screens that are branded IMAX but don't actually have the capability of showing real IMAX footage in its native form. They are essentially just a bigger version of your regular theater. There are only around 80 real IMAX screens in North America that will be showing TDKR. The other 300 or so will be LieMAX screens. They charge the same price for a dramatically smaller screen than real IMAX and they have digital projectors that cannot even handle running film IMAX content. Here is an image that illustrates the size difference between real IMAX and LieMAX:

http://www.creativeplanetnetwork.com/dv … ncompa.JPG

Holy shit.

I get it now. Extremely high resolution.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Riad wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

http://www.creativeplanetnetwork.com/dv … ncompa.JPG

Holy shit.

I get it now. Extremely high resolution.

Yes. 15 perf, 70mm IMAX film stock is the highest resolution of film or digital video photography on the planet by a long shot. Mix it with gigantic screens and it's an incredible experience.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Jesus...

Did anyone almost have a real heart-attack during MI 4: Ghost Protocol?

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Jesus...

Did anyone almost have a real heart-attack during MI 4: Ghost Protocol?

Yes. Thought I was falling off the tallest building in the world. It was AWESOME. 14

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

So Tejas, how do we find the REAL IMAX screens?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Is he gonna sell any of those, or would he opening himself up to a legal smackdown?

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

So Tejas, how do we find the REAL IMAX screens?

Here's a list of 15/70 IMAX theaters on TDKR's website:

http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/imax.html

There will probably be some others that get added in the next few weeks, but that list covers a vast majority in North America. I'm going to the Edwards Marquee in Houston.

Board footer