You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

Re: GNR’s and SLASH’s performance of Paradise City in HELLFEST, France

-Jack- wrote:

Can't get over how bad GNR's guitar sounds in the intro. the whistle is funny as well. Overall it's okay...

And listening to Slash's version with the cheesy dude asking for the hand clap... "ONE TWO THREE... JUMPPP!"...

Both versions are super inferior to the hey day and really that's all that matters to me at this point.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Says the guy who bitches and moans and screams from the rooftops that he ignores me and doesn't even read my posts.  14

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Says the guy who bitches and moans and screams from the rooftops that he ignores me and doesn't even read my posts.  14

Nah, I ignored you for the good of the board, because I thought our arguing was annoying everyone, but people were saying how they liked it, so yeah. Plus you were still following me around, so I decided to throw you a bone. I think you needed it, seeing you're back to your mind reading rap again.  You left out definition #2? Why did you do that for? How do you know that's not what I meant? Oh yeah, you read minds.

Oh, PS you should really read before you post. D was saying I thought the 30 second intro, that I said was "on point", was actually the "absolute most awesomest, greatest peak" vocal performance in the history of GN'R. And, ironically, that wasn't one of the definitions for that phrase, which he was trying to stick me with. Sorry, D.

And that's the urban dictionary where anyone can make up a definition!

(PSS D, you should really try to use hyperbole in its proper context next time, since we're pointing out misuses of phrases, okay thanks.)

If I thought it was great, fantastic, the most awesomest, greatest performance ever, like Axl of 1987 was reborn, I'd say it. I don't need code words, for whatever reason you fantasize me doing here (and stop fantasizing about me, dude. not cool).

I thought his 30 second intro performance, for this tour, sounded right on, not spectacular, but good. I liked it. But of course, you have some conspiracy theory about it, some uninformed opinion, because you don't read, you just react.  Because you love attention. You are welcome.

But it is so nice of you to try and read my mind and tell me what I actually think, despite what I say. I mean, now I understand how Jodie Foster felt. *embarrassed*

BTW, a little fyi:

on point definition

on point adjective (pos=on point)(context, mainly, US, law, philosophy) Having a direct application to the case or topic under consideration. • In compliance with established rules or regulations. • Directly applicable or dispositive of the matter under consideration.

...you're welcome.

Bono

Bono wrote:

Wow you really are a geek dude. You expect us to believe you ignored me(you NEVER did) for the good of the board? No you claimed to ignore me cause you wanted to be a big mature man and prove that you are and you failed at it miserably. Claiming to do something you clearly weren't and then ego trippin when I still replied to your posts(something I do to everyone) thinkng it's a case of me following you around is grade 2 shit dude. The fact you think I "follow you around" is moronic. You post on the same forum as I do.  There's like 25 or so regular members and I'm following you around? 16 Get over your self dude.

The fact you're going in depth now into the defintion of "on point" is pathetic. We all know what you meant. You thought it was fucking great. No mind reading necessary.

misterID wrote:

I think you needed it, seeing you're back to your mind reading rap again.  You left out definition #2? Why did you do that for? How do you know that's not what I meant? Oh yeah, you read minds.

DEFINITION #2 - To be twacked out for a long period of time. Or super aware of your surroundings, not necessarily because of drugs.

It's common sense why I left that one out. No mind reading necessary. You were NOT using "on point" to describe that and to suggest it's a false assumption on my part just shows that you post shit for the sole purpose of getting a rise out of people. Everyone and thier dog knows that is not what you meant by "on point" but whatever dude play your little games. It's clear to me you live vicariously through this board.

Sky Dog wrote:

Hatfields and McCoys......

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

When people start pulling each other up on definitions of words you know the threads only going one way...

Can we get back to a more general discussion on the two performances rather than debating semantics in order to score internet points over each other please.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:

Wow you really are a geek dude. You expect us to believe you ignored me(you NEVER did) for the good of the board? No you claimed to ignore me cause you wanted to be a big mature man and prove that you are and you failed at it miserably. Claiming to do something you clearly weren't and then ego trippin when I still replied to your posts(something I do to everyone) thinkng it's a case of me following you around is grade 2 shit dude. The fact you think I "follow you around" is moronic. You post on the same forum as I do.  There's like 25 or so regular members and I'm following you around? 16 Get over your self dude.

The fact you're going in depth now into the defintion of "on point" is pathetic. We all know what you meant. You thought it was fucking great. No mind reading necessary.

misterID wrote:

I think you needed it, seeing you're back to your mind reading rap again.  You left out definition #2? Why did you do that for? How do you know that's not what I meant? Oh yeah, you read minds.

DEFINITION #2 - To be twacked out for a long period of time. Or super aware of your surroundings, not necessarily because of drugs.

It's common sense why I left that one out. No mind reading necessary. You were NOT using "on point" to describe that and to suggest it's a false assumption on my part just shows that you post shit for the sole purpose of getting a rise out of people. Everyone and thier dog knows that is not what you meant by "on point" but whatever dude play your little games. It's clear to me you live vicariously through this board.

Yes, I ignored you to avoid ... THIS.  And your ... problems. This is a stupid arugment. I don't care what you believe, to be perfectly honest. This is a fake argument anyway. Arguing over definitions and whether someone can state their opinion as an opinion... Yeah.

I'm not hung up on definitions. D pointed to some made up definitions on a joke website and still got it wrong with what he was trying to say, and you're continuing to argue this on his behalf. The fact you're picking and choosing what you want in those made up definitions kind of proves my point, when you're choosing "what I meant" for me. I gave you guys the real definition, not made up joke ones D was pawning off. btw, if I thought it was great, I'd have no problem saying it. I still don't understand why it is I'm supposedly denying it but subversively saying it at the same time.

This is very easy to solve, show a post of mine where I said it was "fucking great," or alluded to it that way, other than on point (which I meant as solid) or spot on in that 30 second intro you guys are spazzing over, that would be "great." Or "on point..." Wow that doesn't really mean the same thing, does it?

I liked the GN'R version best. The band was better, Axl was better than Myles, but Slash was better than both DJ and Ron. IMO.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

For the first time ever, I feel like we're hitting HTGTH territory as far as post quality goes on gnrevo in this thread. Please guys, let it be. You don't agree, so fucking be it!

As for the the actual topic of  the thread: I think Slash's band is tighter and cleaner on this, the only problem is the mix: almost no guitar (or bass) besides Slash. I've notices this on his album as well, it's too unbalanced for it's own good. It highlights Slash's chops but takes away some of the power of these songs. I think we're seeing the same thing with PC in this clip. Two guitars and a bass guitar should be plenty enough to provide a wall of sound, and yet it seems to be lacking in exactly that area.

Oh, and Axl's recent set of vocal performances are near pathetic, including this one. He needs to get back in shape, he's not even moving around here anymore and he's nearly out of breath... Miles might sound obnoxious and nasal most of the time on the Slash & GNR tunes, but at least he's singing them instead of giving a heavy breather's rendition of the songs.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
TheMole wrote:

Oh, and Axl's recent set of vocal performances are near pathetic, including this one. He needs to get back in shape, he's not even moving around here anymore and he's nearly out of breath... Miles might sound obnoxious and nasal most of the time on the Slash & GNR tunes, but at least he's singing them instead of giving a heavy breather's rendition of the songs.

I haven't watched too many clips of late, but from what I can gather, he wasn't "giving it his all" in that performance.  He fell on his ass earlier in the show.  I'm guessing he was embarrassed by that, or upset, or something.  Because he didn't look like he was having much fun out there performing.  So while I can't prove it, because like I said I haven't been paying that close attention to recent performances, I don't think this has been the norm of late.

Bono

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

This is very easy to solve, show a post of mine where I said it was "fucking great," or alluded to it that way, other than on point (which I meant as solid) or spot on in that 30 second intro you guys are spazzing over, that would be "great." Or "on point..." Wow that doesn't really mean the same thing, does it?

I liked the GN'R version best. The band was better, Axl was better than Myles, but Slash was better than both DJ and Ron. IMO.

Awe muffin settle down.
Anyways you chime in to say this BS that Gn'R was so "on point" basically meaning you thought it was spot on. Don't fucking deny it dude.  You say this  when clearly the overhwelming view is:

The Mole wrote:

As for the the actual topic of  the thread: I think Slash's band is tighter and cleaner on this, the only problem is the mix: almost no guitar (or bass) besides Slash. I've notices this on his album as well, it's too unbalanced for it's own good. It highlights Slash's chops but takes away some of the power of these songs. I think we're seeing the same thing with PC in this clip. Two guitars and a bass guitar should be plenty enough to provide a wall of sound, and yet it seems to be lacking in exactly that area.

Your view is always glorifying or defending or jusifying Axl's side ID and that speaks volumes. You simply don't want to acknowledge what is. Try expressing an objective opinion for once and maybe people woud stop calling you out on your bullshit.  You and Ali both.

And the fact you contiue to make comments about people's "problems" as though you know how their real lives are makes you look childish.  It's like you can't handle any type of discussion or differing opinion so you resort to telling people they have anger, mental, emotional & personal issues.

Like I said if you think that performance was on point or "solid" as you meant it, your standards are incredibly low.

Anyways before you start to actually cry, I won't reply to any of your shit for a week. Won't even acknowlegde you. AND when I say it I actually mean it. I don't say it for some show for some people I know I the internet like you did. A week of freedom from me ID. Wipe your tears and chin up small fry.

Board footer