You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: the darkness

So bummed that Sonisphere was axed this year - would've been great to see The Darkness, Queen and Tim Minchin all in the same place. The eyeliner budget alone would've been through the roof.

They're opening for Lady Gaga at Twickenham. Seriously tempted, as it's literally 5 minutes down the road from me.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
mickronson wrote:

Not a fan of 'Nothing Gonna Stop Us' much.  Maybe it was because I was singing to myself 'Don't stop me now, having such a good time, having a ball' while listening to it.  Every Inch aint bad, and has more of a PTL feel to it.  I don't think, with this album at least, they will see half the notoriety they once did in the old days, which is a shame because I think Justin is a pretty mean axeman, but falls short and a little hit and miss like live Axl in the vocal dept.

They're not gonna see half the noterity because they took too long to do a follow-up from their glory days.

That iron is ICE COLD. I would be shocked if they even chart in the U.S.

Lomax wrote:

They probably won't make much of a splash They seem to be doing what they did for the first album as in touring the shit out of it around clubs and building a fan-base before releasing.

I consider permission to be on par with appetite.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
Riad wrote:

I consider permission to be on par with appetite.

'salright, but I wouldn't go quite that far.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Is this album out yet? I tried to find it at my local and they only had permission to land.

Lomax wrote:

Not out yet. August 21st   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Cakes

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Hotcakesdarkness.jpg

What an album cover! 11

Lomax wrote:

The start of this video is great.