You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: GUNS N' ROSES: Israeli TV Report (Axl drinking shots at a bar)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Mikka, you can tell Axl likes the booze...no doubt. But, to compare Axl and Tommy to Steven is idiotic. Steven is a fuckin moron. Plain and simple.

Being a moron or drinking too much booze are different things. I think Axl and especially Tommy are drinking much more than Steven these days. Steven is still brain-dead though.

monkey: I don't know if drinking effects Axl's work. I'd say yes, to a degree, cause his drunk accidents effect the shows for sure. I don't know if his drinking habit will further delay any album that is or isn't in his plans. If there is any plan except drinking a lot of tequila. But anyone who drinks this much that changes even his face, has a drinking problem.

Some of you guys here think that Axl met some fans and he happened to share drinks with them. I think he went to party and drink and some fans happened to be there. It's hard to go to any place and not find GN'R fans. He didn't run away, but drank with whoever was there. If it's the fan friendly moment for you, then be it. I don't share this opinion. I would agree with you more, if Axl wouldn't avoid their own meet and greets and backstage parties.

No offense, but without knowing the people you mention and spending time with them on ANY basis, frequent or otherwise, how can you have any reasonable basis to make such an assessment?

Ali

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

man, Axl has boned some serious honeys

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Ali wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Mikka, you can tell Axl likes the booze...no doubt. But, to compare Axl and Tommy to Steven is idiotic. Steven is a fuckin moron. Plain and simple.

Being a moron or drinking too much booze are different things. I think Axl and especially Tommy are drinking much more than Steven these days. Steven is still brain-dead though.

monkey: I don't know if drinking effects Axl's work. I'd say yes, to a degree, cause his drunk accidents effect the shows for sure. I don't know if his drinking habit will further delay any album that is or isn't in his plans. If there is any plan except drinking a lot of tequila. But anyone who drinks this much that changes even his face, has a drinking problem.

Some of you guys here think that Axl met some fans and he happened to share drinks with them. I think he went to party and drink and some fans happened to be there. It's hard to go to any place and not find GN'R fans. He didn't run away, but drank with whoever was there. If it's the fan friendly moment for you, then be it. I don't share this opinion. I would agree with you more, if Axl wouldn't avoid their own meet and greets and backstage parties.

No offense, but without knowing the people you mention and spending time with them on ANY basis, frequent or otherwise, how can you have any reasonable basis to make such an assessment?

Ali

He calls it "knowledge".

Don't bother mate, it's a waste of time trying to talk sense. Just let it go and focus on those things which are worth discussing.

Besides, haven't you heard? YouTube is a better way of knowing people than concepts like "friends" which is so outdated.

So Axl drinks alcohol. So do I.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I hope I can say this, but there are certainly some people that get their panties in a bunch if you say anything even remotely bad about Axl even if you can back it up with examples.  Talk about don't bother...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I hope I can say this, but there are certainly some people that get their panties in a bunch if you say anything even remotely bad about Axl even if you can back it up with examples.  Talk about don't bother...

There are also people who take anything positive and turn it into something negative. Ie. Izzy performing with the band, etc. That's just the way it is. If someone doesn't agree with the examples or opinions given, they will sound off.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

There are also people who take anything positive and turn it into something negative. Ie. Izzy performing with the band, etc. That's just the way it is. If someone doesn't agree with the examples or opinions given, they will sound off.

Positive is a point of view.  You could make a case that other than the fact that Axl and the rest of the classic lineup is still alive, there isn't much to be positive about.  There's a lot of meh surrounding GnR.  Great that they are on the road if they are near you; beyond that, there's not much to call positive (in my opinion).  I don't know what's so positive about Izzy playing unless you're there, but to each his/her own.  Most of what I saw was negative towards Izzy, not Axl, and I don't see why you wouldn't think people would be right in having that opinion.

Saying something that only one person on the planet might interpret as negative gets Axl's lawyers going to work on this site.  The guy goes from 20 year hermit to out drinking with fans at the same time he's had multiple "accidents" that could certainly be tied to someone that has a drinking problem.  It's not a reach that people are going to speculate the two are connected.  Why that requires people to attack those speculating is beyond me.

Here's what I've seen happen: There was a time ( smile ) that the pro new gnr gang was at worst 50/50 - not just here, but in general at the sites.  Now they are pretty significantly in the minority and I don't think they like it.  There has been a general shift in their posting styles that I have noticed and it's been gradual.  They generally used to post supporting each other and it was often the anti new band crowd that was doing the attacking (myself included).  As more and more people have come to accept and acknowledge the flaws of the new band (while still enjoying what they do), those people on the extreme end have gone more and more on the attack.  It's been interesting to see the evolution over the years.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

And to be clear, I'm using the term "attack" pretty losely.  These attacks haven't always been pure attacks...a lot have been passive-aggressive or baiting someone into something.  I should know...I was an expert at it back  (giving and receiving) in the JimBob days.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Not saying I haven't, but I've been accused of being "passive-aggressive" and baiting, but in all honesty, when you have someone being completely belligerent and disrespectful towards you, and you're not going to, ahem, just outright insult them (which I have), there's no other way than being passive aggressive in your response. Anything you say will be considered "baiting" them into something.

A good portion of people I've disagreed with I've always been able to get along with. 

It's much more about the individual posters personality than anything to do with the band, imo. Really, even the most extereme arguments, where toxic venom is spewed here, seem to have little to do with the actual argument, but more with the posters.

there's a mindset of: If you don't agree with me something is wrong with you. And agreeing to disagree just doesn't work. YOU HAVE to agree with me, or you're fucked in the head and the ultimate nuttswinger. It was never like that back in the day, when I could hang with posters like 55555's and Dizzy. The ultimate instigators.

Board footer