You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Re: Which member do you respect the most?

Abbey_Road wrote:

Beta.

While she isn't directly a member, she has kept Axl alive after all these years especially after he and Stephanie broke up and if she wasn't around, Axl would have offed himself.

They all get my respect.    I don't give a shit what their opinion is on other people.  They are all members of my favorite band and that is enough to get my respect.

I'll have to agree with Jim Bob on this one.

I respect each member in different ways, and I can honestly say that I (as far as that aspect goes) don't respect anyone more than I respect the other.

But if I had to choose someone it would be Tommy and Robin - without them there wouldn't be a Guns N' Roses to this present day.

Not a chance.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

They all get my respect.    I don't give a shit what their opinion is on other people.  They are all members of my favorite band and that is enough to get my respect.

Alright, then who'd you respect if he left the band?

Abbey_Road wrote:

Beta.

While she isn't directly a member, she has kept Axl alive after all these years especially after he and Stephanie broke up and if she wasn't around, Axl would have offed himself.

Very good point!!

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I think Beta has done a lot of damage to the band since it became somewhat active. She gives no respect to the old members, the fans, or anyone who thinks Axl has made mistakes in the past decade. And it's all been to preserve her place of importance that could vanish if Axl really does get it all together. She's a crutch that helped him up, but I don't think is any good for him to have anymore.

How much do you get done when there's always someone to tell you that you were right and catch you when you fall? Apparently not much.

Communist China wrote:

I think Beta has done a lot of damage to the band since it became somewhat active. She gives no respect to the old members, the fans, or anyone who thinks Axl has made mistakes in the past decade. And it's all been to preserve her place of importance that could vanish if Axl really does get it all together. She's a crutch that helped him up, but I don't think is any good for him to have anymore.

How much do you get done when there's always someone to tell you that you were right and catch you when you fall? Apparently not much.

As much as she may not have any respect for anyone that disagrees with the way GNR do things,  if it weren't for her, Axl wouldn't have made it through the 90's and possibly all the way up to today.   She's like his mother and regardless of what she does or doesn't do for the band good or bad, I wouldn't call her a crutch, she's his family and it's her that got Axl to show his face again after GNR broke up.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Not that I wish anything bad to happen to Axl, but who really cares if he's "still around"?  If my 2 choices are what we have now or no GnR since the 90s, I'll take no GnR since the 90s since that's essentially what we have anyway.  If he was releasing music and it was good, I'd feel differently, but until then, who cares.

nugdafied wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

As much as she may not have any respect for anyone that disagrees with the way GNR do things,  if it weren't for her, Axl wouldn't have made it through the 90's and possibly all the way up to today.

You say that as if it's fact. Who knows, maybe if she wasn't around to be Axl's reminder of Stephanie Seymour, he'd of gotten over it like a real man & moved on in his life. I wonder how long Axl would've kept her around if she hadn't worked for SS? If that link wasn't there?

Staying with the topic, I would say Axl definitely deserves respect. Not for what he is, but for what he once was. It took alot of drive to get out of Indiana and make something of himself. I'm from a small midwestern town also & there's tons of Axl Rose types, but none ever have the courage to do what Axl did. They usually just turn into drunk, redneck construction types or whatever. Even if Izzy is the one who actually blazed the trail to LA, Axl deserves respect for what he did with himself in the 80's. It was pretty amazing. It's equally amazing though that Axl has turned into what we have today. He's defied the odds twice now.

AtariLegend wrote:

William Axl Rose

He wrote and crafted some of the most beautiful & Rock N' Roll music ever made. To me the band through it's various incarnations would be nothing without this guys vision.

If Slash and the other guys were left to rule the roost over the UYI direction, we never would have had "Estranged" or "November Rain". Those are the songs that I love, I prefer the deep and meaningful, pretentious or not.

He never intentionally lies. He believes in what he says, and he obviously chosen music over money.

As for his spiritual believes, what's wrong with them. I believe the same things to a certain extent.

....And... apart from that here is like 14 years later still hung up, on some woman he used to know, that's true love for you, you don't accept and you don't move on, you get pissed.

Board footer