You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Superman Thread.

Bono wrote:

I can't wait for this. Superman Returns sucked so I'm really hoping this one is awesome. I'm glad it's a total reboot and not a continuation the way Superman Returns was. I like that Russell Crowe and Kevin Costner are in it. I think it lends some credibility to the idea that it won't suck. They are both Oscar winners and don't normally waste their time on shit projects.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

One of the highlights from TDKR for me was this trailer. Looks like they are gonna do Supes right this time.

Bono

Bono wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

One of the highlights from TDKR for me was this trailer. Looks like they are gonna do Supes right this time.

I was so bummed out they didn't show this trailer before DKR at the theatre I went to. Totally expected to see it and then nothing. had to youtube it. neutral

I agree I think they will do Superman right this time. Since when does Superman leave a vapor trail behind him as though it's coming out of each boot? It looks like Astro Boy 14

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I like it.. The realistic sonic boom is a nice touch. The movie will be epic. Good choice for Clark/Superman too.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Was superman returns that bad?  The effects of landing the plane at wrigley field were pretty sick

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Not a fan of Superman so I'll probably skip this. I walked out of Superman Returns, what an awful movie that was.

Bono

Bono wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I like it.. The realistic sonic boom is a nice touch. The movie will be epic. Good choice for Clark/Superman too.

The sonic boom was cool the vapor trail makes no sense considering that comes from water in a plane's exhaust. No engine, no vapor trail 14

Smoking Guns wrote:

Was superman returns that bad?  The effects of landing the plane at wrigley field were pretty sick

I thought Superman returns was aweful.

Rex wrote:

Not a fan of Superman so I'll probably skip this. I walked out of Superman Returns, what an awful movie that was.

If you were willing to gve Superman Returns might as well give this one a chance considering who's all involved. Don't let any ill feelings towards Superman Returns influence your decision to see this one or not. Like you said that movie was aweful. This one is a total reboot of the franchise not some lame continuation.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The plane sequence in superman returns was great special effects...I enjoyed like that 10 minutes of the film.

Unfortunately the rest of the movie was entirely soulless and suffered from terrible writing to the point where the lead character despite doing a decent Christopher Reeve impersonation did not seem to be superman because (movie wrecking spoiler) :

Hidden Text:

Superman - king of the old fashioned values would not have fucked lois without being married, got her pregnant then left her for dead, also, given his power comes from the yellow sun how did he go check on krypton without loosing power and getting stuck there...

. Terrible Film IMO.

However...the trailer for this looked pretty good...a proper reboot this time...did I read it correctly that Nolan was in some way involved?

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

He's a producer, I believe.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Superman is my fave super hero but they cannot make a good superman reboot.

i don't like russell crowe or kevin costner so this prob will suck also.

Board footer