You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Axl's rant on how Guns is spontaneous when it comes to setlists?

Bono wrote:

Hey guys sorry for this lame thread but I was wondering if someone can direct me to the clip of Axl ranting back in the day about how Guns doesn't plan their setlists cause they don't want things to be boring or every show to be the same. I've been looking for it and just can't find it. I know Madagas posted it a while back but I don't know where

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Not sure which show that was at, but I'm sure someone will come up with it.  There was also the "rant" in the opposite vein from a few years back at a show in Mexico where he went off about playing the shows for the fans AT the shows and not for those on the internet.  A side by side comparison could be comical.  People change I guess.

Honestly though, for the most part Guns has always played pretty static setlists.  Even back in the day.  I mean, yeah there were exceptions, but for the most part they played a similar setlist each night on the UYI tours.  I think people have their own revisionist history thinking they played Pearl Jam like setlists every night back in the day.

On the flipside, the setlists THIS latest run of dates has seemed as uninspired as I can remember.  Again, I haven't paid real close attention but outside of "Used to Love Her" and "Dead Flowers", it seems like the same setlist from start to finish.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

It was St Louis:

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Sweet thanks dude. Mods can feel free to delete this thread if ya want. At the very least feel free to delete the duplicate thread of this. Not sure why it double posted.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Man what a bad ass performance.

Slash completely fucks the intro but the energy and chemistry is off the charts. Axl able to run jump and still sing that shit effortlessly.

johndivney wrote:

He's a fucking hypocrit/lying piece of crap. & lazy & selfish too.

whatisitman
 Rep: 15 

whatisitman wrote:
metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
-D- wrote:

Man what a bad ass performance.

Slash completely fucks the intro but the energy and chemistry is off the charts. Axl able to run jump and still sing that shit effortlessly.

That's hilarious, Izzy is looking at Slash going "what the fuck are you playing..." 14

Board footer