You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Superman Thread.

Bono wrote:

I can't wait for this. Superman Returns sucked so I'm really hoping this one is awesome. I'm glad it's a total reboot and not a continuation the way Superman Returns was. I like that Russell Crowe and Kevin Costner are in it. I think it lends some credibility to the idea that it won't suck. They are both Oscar winners and don't normally waste their time on shit projects.

I am impressed with the approach they are going for with this film. Glad it's a separate away from the others. Superman returns was disappointing and with Nolan helping Zack out this will be fantastic. Saw the trailer earlier today and it looks to be shaping up nicely. Russell Crowe was a great pick and I hope Henry can do the Man of Steel justice. Brandon tried and just couldn't 100% pull it off with both roles and now Henry must succeed. Love the logo for the film and the modern approach and giving it a breath of fresh air.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I like it.. The realistic sonic boom is a nice touch.

I think that looked great too. Always wondered how they could possibly improve on showing Superman flying through the air, and this looks like it's done just that.

Me_Wise_Magic

I thought this was the best part of the trailer.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I think that looked great too. Always wondered how they could possibly improve on showing Superman flying through the air, and this looks like it's done just that.

Ok so again Vapor trails are caused by water vapor in exhaust. Exhaust only exists if there's an engine. How on earth does Superman produce a vapor trail?  14  It might look cool but it really is pretty stupid. He doesn't wear rocket powered boots like Astro Boy and he's not a jet. He just flys.  Oh well. Minor complaint by me. Even though it's a trailer I think it looks like it has tons of potential.

Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

I thought that and Crowe's narration were the best parts of the trailer.

It's actually Costner narrating.

Anyone else notice the music is from LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring in the scene when Gandalf dies.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Bono wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Ok so again Vapor trails are caused by water vapor in exhaust. Exhaust only exists if there's an engine. How on earth does Superman produce a vapor trail?  14  It might look cool but it really is pretty stupid. He doesn't wear rocket powered boots like Astro Boy and he's not a jet. He just flys.  Oh well. Minor complaint by me. Even though it's a trailer I think it looks like it has tons of potential.

Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

I thought that and Crowe's narration were the best parts of the trailer.

It's actually Costner narrating.

Anyone else notice the music is from LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring in the scene when Gandalf dies.

There's actually two trailers out, using the same footage, but one with Crowe narrating, the other with Costner.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

As for the vapour trails, we're talking about a man flying through the air, which is far fetched to begin with. I just thought the sonic boom things were a really cool effect.

Me_Wise_Magic

Crowe narrated version. I actually love this version better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … hGZw0XpiIQ

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

There's actually two trailers out, using the same footage, but one with Crowe narrating, the other with Costner.

Ahh cool. I didt realize that.

Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

Crowe narrated version. I actually love this version better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … hGZw0XpiIQ

Cool. That's pretty good although I think I prefer the Costner one

metallex78 wrote:

As for the vapour trails, we're talking about a man flying through the air, which is far fetched to begin with. I just thought the sonic boom things were a really cool effect.

Yes I'm fully aware that we're talking about a man who flys but again he's not a man. The fact they toss in an effect that suggests he has an engine propelling him is pretty goofey. Yes I get it's not realistic to begin with but when things like that are added it's a pet peeve of mine. Like watching Star Wars and having Jedi's fall hundreds of feet and bounce back up like it's no big deal. Or watching a  stupid Michael Bay action scene. At some point the fantasy crosses a line and I start to roll my eyes. When I saw the vapor trail I rolled my eyes cause Superman doesn't produce exhaust 16  But I do like the sonic boom. That part is cool.

Me_Wise_Magic

Crowe is going to have to top Brando's performance as Jor-EL with that famous dialogue. Both Cavill and Crowe have the toughest shoes to fill in that movie. I know they can do it. I remember I used it for my theater arts class back in high school. I just wish I saw the Crowe narration on the big screen instead. oh well. Costner one was really good too. Can't wait to see some action scenes in the next trailer sometime soon.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The last Superman was a tribute to the original, with the look-alike Christopher Reeve, using Marlon Brando as Jor El, and it wasn't really accepted the way they thought, so I don't think it'll be a big deal for Crowe and Caville to make these roles their own. (I still believe that Superman Returns was the real Superman 3.)

I think the film looks cool from that little trailer.

Board footer