You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Change that robe, Axl

Olorin wrote:

Or a time machine? Then mabye he can travel back 30 years and kidnap the Axl you lot expect to see in 2012.

Or mabye he doesnt give a fuck.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Or a time machine? Then mabye he can travel back 30 years and kidnap the Axl you lot expect to see in 2012.

He was in great shape in 2006. His look aged less between 1992 and 2006-7 than between 2007 and 2011. I'd blame the lack of excercise and the serious amount of booze, cause it just doesn't happen out of the blue.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Olorin wrote:

He was in great shape in 2006. His look aged less between 1992 and 2006-7 than between 2007 and 2011. I'd blame the lack of excercise and the serious amount of booze, cause it just doesn't happen out of the blue.

So much bullshit.

I've seen first hand how someone a certain age suddenly can age a decade in just a few years. The reasons are many; your genes are like that, inherited from the generations before you, and it usually happens once you get closer to 50. A guy at 80 can look like he's 70 and a guy at 80 can look like he's 90. Others stay the same, hardly looking like they aged at all. Good example is Bush and Obama, they developed gray hair the moment they set foot in the oval office.

Like you know shit about Axl's "lack of training" or how much booze he drinks. You don't know jack shit about any of it.

But then, drinking can be part of aging and looking like Vince Neil, but it's far from the sole reason. The whole basics of your post are just assumptions.

If I am to guess, it's most likely a combination between naturally growing older, genes and way of living which may or may not include boozing or eating unhealthy.

But by using your assumption method, I might as well say Axl's aging is due to stress and tiredness from working too hard and doing too many concerts. It does EXACTLY the same to the topic.

Chris Piss
 Rep: 1 

Chris Piss wrote:

294776_2351168852411_1045823077_2691686_177197471_n.jpg

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
DCK wrote:

So much bullshit.

Like you know shit about Axl's "lack of training" or how much booze he drinks. You don't know jack shit about any of it.

The whole basics of your post are just assumptions.

Man..why all the agression??

Lets just make educated guesses instead then..

He hardly got that plump, baggy and tired lookin' from hitting the gym and sitting in his hotel room sleeping well and eating brocolli...

The vast majority of people who excerise regularly and don't booze to excess look good for their age and don't have a complete physical collapse in the space of a few years.

If I am to guess, it's most likely a combination between naturally growing older, genes and way of living which may or may not include boozing or eating unhealthy.

He fell off a table in Russia, was filmed dishing out & drinking shots like there was no tomorrow ...he's touring his 50 year old ass off..its hard working and hard living coupled with a metabolic rate that just doesn't respond like it used to that has him like this.

You may be genetically predisposed to getting  rounded shoulders and a pot belly in your 50's but you don't have to have them.

Lets not do the fat people's thing of blaming their 'genes'.
This is what it looks like.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

blaming genes is something fat people do. but i agree with dck's general sentiment. stress is harsh and we don't know for sure what, how much and why. i will say that if he wanted to be in better shape he could be and therefore probably doesn't really care. if he ever gives it another run - album/tour i'd be willing to put money on him trimming down for performance and endurance reasons alone and id expect a different look as well.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
war wrote:

blaming genes is something fat people do.

Yeah...those thin people arn't very good at blaming their genes for being fat...:haha:

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Blaming genes is a fat mans way of justifying their bad dietary lifestyle

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's not really that simple.

Yes, some people do have terrible dietary and exercise patterns then simply opt out by blaming the genes. However, at the same time some people's genetics does pre-disppose them to being a certain size - making them have to "work" harder to not be that size.

I know a guy who is predisposed to being slim. Like this guy only works out as much as a normal person, eats shit like 95% of the time, yet he's always like a pencil. Likewise, two other people can eat the same thing as each other and one of them is more likely to put on weight from it. Yes..you can fight that by learning you're a person who has the problem then only eating 3/4 or 1/2 of what a "normal" person does....but it's not just as simple as people being slack and making excuses.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Retire, Axl. Please, for your own legacy's sake.

Board footer