You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Pot Legalization Is Coming (RS Article)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I agree, sooner or later it will happen.

I stopped smoking (cigarettes) almost 7 years ago, and I haven't smoked weed in that time either. I thought about it, but I'm kind of proud of my lungs not being filled with black tar that I'm leery about smoking anything again. I know I can vaporize pot now, but rolling a joint is part of the fun.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Legalize acid next plz

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Liberal bastards you

I don't put crap into my loungs anyway

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
DCK wrote:

Liberal bastards you

I don't put crap into my loungs anyway

Have an edible then! smile

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Right on Jack. 9

It is long overdue. It's America's new cash crop. You create jobs by making it legal. You free up space in the jails for real criminals. I can go on and on about this subject. It's safer than cigs or booze. Etc etc

A state can legalize all it wants, but – incredibly – happy-go-lucky marijuana will still be a Schedule I substance, right up there on the federal shit list with heroin, LSD, and "ecstacy" – substances defined as having a "high potential for abuse" and "no currently accepted medical use."* And, no, this isn't some quaint, disregarded artifact from olden times: A personal stash can get you a year in federal prison, a single plant up to five.

That right there is why the drug war has always been a joke. Pot is right up there next to Heroin. Cause you always hear about those tragic pot ODs.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The fact that Pot is considered a Schedule I drug is just an absurd joke. I've taken stuff that embarrasses pot in strength and addictivity and with high risk for OD, and simply because it's "legal" and big pharma sells it, it's lower scheduled and less regulated than the others.

I don't think full U.S. legalization will ever happen. I think we're too stupid, and too pussy, and too ignorant.

I don't think it will EVER happen in the South, despite the fact that drugs are probably more used and abused (all kinds) in the 'ole Confederacy than anywhere else. Poorer, less educated, umemployed, etc.

Florida practically gave birth the prescription painkiller epidemic.

But with strong Christian-based Republican conservatism at the highest levels of government throughout the South... I don't see it EVER happening.

If it were up to them, the drugs we do get would gone.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I've never used pot, but it seems to me that alcohol is a worse drug. People tend to get angrier and end up in more unnecessary altercations as a result of getting drunk than they do when they're high on pot.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh the facts support that Tejas.

More people have become addicted and died and innocents died from alcohol-related abuse and violence than ANY of are 'hard' drugs COMBINED x 1,000.

Board footer