You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Hahahaha! Avril Lavigne to marry Chad Kroeger(Nickleback)

Time to send the machines back in time to fix this potential problem!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:
faldor wrote:

I never knew people hated Avril so much. I'm afraid to ask but, what has she ever done to warrant these feelings? Nickelback I get, I'm with you there. But Avril Lavigne? I don't get it.

2 words

sk8r boi

...see you later boy

i actually dig some of nicklebacks stuff 18 *ducks&runs*

I honestly don't see much of a difference between Avril Lavigne, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Kelly Clarkson, etc.  People may prefer one over the other, but on the whole it's quite similar.  Alright, maybe she's not quite on their level, but still

I'm with you on sk8r boi.  But I kind of liked "Complicated".  And I tend to remember her having a slow song I enjoyed as well. 

There's plenty of shitty music out there.  I doubt this collaboration will negatively alter the universe in any major way.

To play along though.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/horrifyi … of-chavril

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
faldor wrote:

I honestly don't see much of a difference between Avril Lavigne, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Kelly Clarkson, etc.

yeah i dont like any of em

if i had to pick one to listen to i'd prolly go with avril, just not my thing

there is something to be said about her wanting her own creative control over writing her own material, but yeah adise from that i try to stay away 16

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
faldor wrote:

I honestly don't see much of a difference between Avril Lavigne, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Kelly Clarkson, etc.

there is something to be said about her wanting her own creative control over writing her own material, but yeah adise from that i try to stay away 16

Difference between Avril and the others you've mentioned, is that the others don't try and claim to be anything other than the pop artists they are.

Avril came out saying she was punk, when she too was nothing but a pop star, with really lame lyrics. Nothing punk about her at all.

This Weird Al Yankovic send up says it all 14

[youtube]JDq0sXlaBd4&feature=fvst[/youtube]

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

The man is the best at his craft!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
faldor wrote:

Difference between Avril and the others you've mentioned, is that the others don't try and claim to be anything other than the pop artists they are.

Avril came out saying she was punk, when she too was nothing but a pop star, with really lame lyrics. Nothing punk about her at all.

I don't know much about Avril at all, but her "punk image" could've been pushed by her label as a selling point.  Something different they could try and sell.  You think Lady Gaga was wearing meat dresses and wearing peacocks on her head 10 years ago?  No.  She does it to make everyone talk about her and increase her fame.  Not sure that's a perfect example, but I tend to think Avril knew she wasn't really a punk rocker, she was far more a pop star.  She may have dressed the part, but that's about it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I heard this being announced awhile back and it literally rose my blood pressure to hear the radio guys constantly refer to Avril as "punk rock".

They then went on to play "Complicated" or whatever the fuck that shit song is called, and all I could think is Sid Vicious must be turning over in his grave.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I liked Sk8er Boi when it came out.  I still kind of like it.  The lyrics are beyond lame, but the music isn't too bad and with a little work and a different singer, I think it could have been a good 90s rock song.

Board footer