You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Axlin survey -- now closed! Thx 4 support

Axlin16 wrote:
smoke wrote:

Heh, that's funny. You're not THAT young, but the reason I asked is because when I (at 37) saw questions about family, I immediately started thinking about my wife and kids. Whereas your questions were talking about Mom, Dad and siblings. It was sort of a tip off.

Wow! That's a fantastic point. Here's the reason for the questions being that way.

This is a closed-ended survey. I presented an open-ended survey, which asked for explanations and elaborations on the questions I asked, rather than multiple choice.

I presented those questions to a demo of mainly college-aged kids.

So the questions were worded, specifically for that demo.

When I came up with the new questions for the closed version that I gave to you guys, I just ported over the other questions from the open-ended version, did some minor-tweaking and turned them into multiple choice.

I didn't even consider that my demo was going to skew older. I gave a pilot version of it to my parents and they said something similar.

Double karma points for you. Just live and learn. I should've generalized that question and those options more for middle-to-older aged demo.

smoke wrote:

Also, at some point very soon, you might be tempted to cut off that Kim Thayill beard and get yourself presentable. DON'T DO IT! RUN RUN RUN! Once it's gone, it's gone forever.

Oh, and if you get away clean, SEND HELP! big_smile big_smile

Oh i've chopped it off before. When from beard w/ long hair, to clean shaven with buzzed fade overnight.

I did it a couple times for a job. To present myself well. I never got the jobs, so i'm done with that. You want me, you get me how I look with long hair and a beard. You hire me and want me to trim up. I'll do it. But i'm not doing any cutting anymore for "just an interview".

Fuck that. I've been burned twice. And it's getting to where it's taking longer and longer to grow it back. Used to -- one year. Then two-years. Now over two years.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

It might be the worst survey ever, but I did it.  I think some of the answers were way too complicated for multiple choice.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Like I said, it was developed open-ended. The questions were probably cornered in a closed-ended survey. Like the choices are fucking infinite, and there were a couple that were "wordy".

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
smoke wrote:

Heh, that's funny. You're not THAT young, but the reason I asked is because when I (at 37) saw questions about family, I immediately started thinking about my wife and kids. Whereas your questions were talking about Mom, Dad and siblings. It was sort of a tip off.

same age and same thing for me...family thought about my wife and kids

i barely even talk to my siblings anymore

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I feel like that was harder than it should've been.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

DONE! THERE YA GO! big_smile

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Done mate

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

done

curro
 Rep: 7 

curro wrote:

Done

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

man, that thread title is a little misleading. i thought you had an accident or something of that sort 16

anyway, done.

Board footer