You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Re: Buying a Home!!!

Stacey wrote:

I can't post about this yet on Facebook or Twitter, because it's not 100% final and I don't want our real life friends and family getting all up in our junk....

Russ and I are buying our first home together! We are going tonight to negotiate the price. Since it's being sold by the owner, we don't have to play the waiting game with realtors and all that junk. We should walk out tonight knowing what our final price is going to be! smile

If all goes as planned, we will be closing mid-December and moving in by the end of the year! Exciting stuff for us, you guys!!

Keep your fingers crossed for us!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Awesome!  Good luck.  Owning a home is a great thing and a nightmare at the same time.  In the end though, I'm sure it will all be worth it.

Stacey

Stacey wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Awesome!  Good luck.  Owning a home is a great thing and a nightmare at the same time.  In the end though, I'm sure it will all be worth it.

Thanks, Buzz. We'll report back tonight after we come home from the meeting. Celebration next week!! I may not even kick you in the nuts, I'm in such a good mood.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Sounds like a perfect plan. Hope you two love the new place and get a good deal. Russ is going to need a ton of room to put his music collection in and to jam! 3

Stacey

Stacey wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

Sounds like a perfect plan. Hope you two love the new place and get a good deal. Russ is going to need a ton of room to put his music collection in and to jam! 3

Russ has absolutely that! Our basement is finished so he will have one area to set up the band  equipment (carpeted walls and everything!!) and the other area will be a second living room where he'll keep his turntable and stereo, as well as a TV and probably the XBOX (the Wii is staying upstairs for me big_smile )

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

That's what we did.  PS3 in the man cave; Wii in the living room.

Stacey

Stacey wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

That's what we did.  PS3 in the man cave; Wii in the living room.

He's just got the XBOX. We'll keep the standard Blu-Ray players down there and in the bedroom and do the Google TV box in the living room, I'm thinking (hoping! lol)

I don't see it as a man cave, just more of a chill space than our general living room. But you can bet every square inch of the wall will be covered with posters, art, etc. I'm thinking of painting the walls (they're paneled) a charcoal gray or black. I think that would look rad.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Stacey wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

Russ has absolutely that! Our basement is finished so he will have one area to set up the band  equipment (carpeted walls and everything!!) and the other area will be a second living room where he'll keep his turntable and stereo, as well as a TV and probably the XBOX (the Wii is staying upstairs for me big_smile )

Awesome! Glad to hear it. Good set up right there.

Stacey

Stacey wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:
Stacey wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

Awesome! Glad to hear it. Good set up right there.

Heck yeah! Thanks for the love!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Congrats!  I bought a house last year when rates where low.  Rates got even lower so I just refinanced last month.

Although I've had to deal with 2 hurricanes (dealing with Sandy right now) and a freak October snowstorm last year that knocked power out for 10 days.  THAT, was not fun.  Not the welcome to home ownership I was expecting.  But life happens.  Oh, and we had tornado warnings this past summer, and 2 minor earthquakes.  And I live in freaking Connecticut.  We're not supposed to get weather like this.

Anyway, enough about me.  Best of luck to you both.  It is an exciting venture.

Board footer