You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: 10/31/2012 - The Joint - Las Vegas, NV

Gibbo wrote:

Hopefully we get a stream from one of theses gigs

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Listening to some clips. Warms the heart to hear Axl back with a bit of screaming and rasp. Makes all the difference in the world.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

like bono says in the other thread about some people`s selective memory when it comes to axl`s look, the exact same goes for axl`s voice. the bridge school thing was probably the worst vocal performance axl ever delivered, but to say he`s now better than 2011-2012 is utter bullshit. his voice is almost exactely the same since the shows following rio, probably even rio included and the dubai shows in late 2010, even though there were some better and some worse nights.

the most ridiculous thing was a thread on mygnr, where someone claimed the performance of jungle was the best since 2009.. i`d go as far as saying it was one of the worst since 2009, as he nails that song every fuckin show and in 2010 he tore the roof off with that song.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I genuinely don't get the drama over the Bridge School shows, he had some bad spots but he also had some good, I thought You're Crazy sounded great. From the clips I've heard of Vegas he sounded great, much more vintage Axl, he was always hit and miss even in the old days, so 20 years on bad nights are to be expected. However as the clips from Vegas show, when he's on he's still got it in spades.

As for the setlist meh, give it til show 6/7 and see where we are, it's hard to show that you have a rotating changing setlist on night one of twelve.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm hopeful we get some of the CD songs we got more in 2009 - like TWAT, TIL, Catcher and Scraped.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I hate being the guy to talk about Axl's looks, but he looks soooo much better now. He looks in better shape from the pics and has a better wardrobe.

That stage set up is bad ass.

I am seriously gonna start giving you negative karmas for this shit man. Everytime time the guy does a show after a hiatus you seriously post the same fucking thing.

Axl looks NO DIFFERENT than he has since 2009. Whether you think he looks awesome, whether you think he looks like a fat mick wearing Michael Jackson hats, nothing... NOTHING has changed since 2009. NOTHING!!!!

Seriously... 3... 2... 1... ID posting about how Axl's lost weight. When he comes out looking in the exact same shape and stage set up since 2009 man.

I love 'ya man, but god damn.

Calm down, and stop posting bullshit. We argued about what he looked like when I said he looked like a bloated, redneck truck driver and his pedophile mustache in 2009 and you were fawning over his stupid fucking cowboy hat.

If you want to be an obnoxious ass, fine, but be honest about the shit you're trying to stir, dude. And since you couldn't take the time to get your shit straight on this, you obviously didn't give a fucking second notice to see I wasn't the only one who said it.

Hey ID, take a look at this post. Rinse and repeat, again and again. 22

Bono wrote:

Axl has looked the same since 2009. What we've got here is.. too many anal fuckers disecting every little picture that features Axl. If you'd step back and breath you'd realize he looks the same. I can't stand the Axl's weight topics because for fuck sakes he looks te same every damn time yet an unflattering picture gets poste and the nerds starting whing about how he's fat ad out of shape then 3 weeks later a picture gets posted and he looks great and the small minded think oh wow he must have been working out over the last 3 weeks. Give your heads a shake people honestly. He's looked near identical since 2009.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I genuinely don't get the drama over the Bridge School shows, he had some bad spots but he also had some good, I thought You're Crazy sounded great. From the clips I've heard of Vegas he sounded great, much more vintage Axl, he was always hit and miss even in the old days, so 20 years on bad nights are to be expected. However as the clips from Vegas show, when he's on he's still got it in spades.

As for the setlist meh, give it til show 6/7 and see where we are, it's hard to show that you have a rotating changing setlist on night one of twelve.

Yeah, that's what I don't get either.  It seems to me people exaggerate Axl's vocal issues.  He's been spotty his whole career.  Some nights he's better than others.  When he has a "Bridge School" night people freak out and say he's washed up.  Then he comes back a week later and proves them wrong.  He'll have another bad night, I'm sure, and people will freak out again and scream that he should go into the studio before he loses it completely.  You can set your clock by it.  Calm down people.  Take a deep breath.

Also, on the setlist.  I'd expect SOME slight changes as they go along.  If we've learned anything over the years, you can't believe everything you read.  So if you expected a completely different setlist the first night, and every night thereafter, I don't know what to tell you.  We should all know better by now.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

This solo spot from Richard Fortus is pretty fucking awesome, especially when the drums kick in at the two minute mark.

Axl could sing over that and it's be a killer new Guns tune! 9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_khEK3VTCg

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

This solo spot from Richard Fortus is pretty fucking awesome, especially when the drums kick in at the two minute mark.

Axl could sing over that and it's be a killer new Guns tune! 9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_khEK3VTCg

I like his tone the best and his playing

Board footer