You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Re: Are kids more pussified today?

Bro-mero wrote:

The whole "everyone is a winner" type mentality in America is ridiculous, things like losing a sporting event is a much better way of experiencing negative emotions than something such as bullying

I've always said that bullying will never end, no matter how much schools do to try to stop it, unfortunately, it's not going to stop anytime soon, so teaching kids how to cope with bullying is a must

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Best 16-year old comment on bullying in the history of man. Agree with literally everything. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Wow. 22

Thanks man!

Lucky for me, bullying never took over my life. I had a great family and a lot going for me to let bullying ever take over (Guns N' Roses certainly helped get through tough times as well!)

Unfortunately, the same cant be said for others, which is why I would never condone bullying

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Hell yes kids today are bigger pussies than ever before and you know who's to blame? the fucking parents. here's a real life story that is so pathetic you're gonna wanna puke.

In my home town the main hockey teams for each minor league(minus the youngest) level were as follows

Sabers(Shooters)
Mustangs(Sharks)
Bulldogs(Ultimates)
Tigers(tough luck you have no team to play for)

If you got cut from those teams you played for the teams in brackets. Nobody cared. If you made it awesome if you didn't oh well you sucked it up and played for the team you were on. Myself I played for the Sabers then got a rude awakening when I moved up and got cut and had to play for the Sharks. You can bet your ass I did everything I could to improve and be ready for when I had the chance to play for the Buldogs(which I did) cause that's what I aspired to be. A Bulldog. When you played for the Sabers you wanted to be a Mustang and then you wanted to be a Bulldog and one day you'd eventually hoped to be a Tiger(which I was 22 ) But then along came some fucking pussifying parent who thought it wasn't good for kid's moral to be cut from the premier teams and have to play on the Sharks or Ultimates as the case was here with this mom being upset that her kid had to be on the lesser team. So what the fuck did she propose? That ALL, EVERY SINGLE team in town change their names to the Lakers because our town was called Sylvan Lake. The fucking losers on the minor hockey board agreed and evey team name was changed to the Lakers as to spare the feelinsg of the kids who got cut from the to level teams. Not only was the reasoning behind this the epitomy of pussification but they changed cool names to the biggest pussy name(Lakers) this side of Ducks.

Once this happend I knew the youth of the world was lost to pussified parents.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

U guys have no.idea wtf ur talking about ... Lol

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

U guys have no.idea wtf ur talking about ... Lol

Nets on trampolines. Checkmate. I know exactly what I'm talking about 14

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:
Bono wrote:

Nets on trampolines. Checkmate.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'm not sure I really have any ability to comment on this, since I'm only 21, and not a parent. I'm not sure about kids being "pussies", but I do think the helicopter parent thing is a problem, and the 'stranger danger' hysteria too. I see parents waiting at the bus stop with their children almost always now, whereas that happened once a year when I was going just a decade ago. Did child abductions by strangers suddenly skyrocket in the last 10 years? I don't think so. It seems most of the scares surrounding children have been fabricated, exaggerated, or the work of family members - at least, when I was a child, everybody was worried about daycares molesting kids and Halloween candy being poisoned by strangers. Those were both bullshit. I don't think it's healthy to primarily view new things in life as scary and threatening, and parents and children alike are buying into a lot of nonsense when it comes to external dangers. Then again, children don't think quite like adults, and fear can be a powerfully helpful tool. If/when I have a family, I'll want my kids to be afraid of cars or the stove, for example. You don't want them running after a ball into the street and getting hit. So I'm hesitant to tell parents where they should set the line on that stuff, even if I think the overprotection has gone way too far.

I'm actually probably in favor of almost all the playground safety and self-esteem supporting that gets laughed at a lot. Bullying sure seems like a serious problem (although colleges and universities trying to write bullying policies is absurd - you're adults, there's no more "bullying". There's just harassment, intimidation, stalking, etc.). I'm sure teachers and principals are overstepping the line at times, but children aren't adults and you can err on the side of safety with them. Constant adult supervision isn't the answer, though, and you can't indoctrinate bullying out of kids entirely. So, yeah, I definitely agree with a bunch of you guys that we need to be thinking about teaching our kids strategies for how to deal with those situations on their own or with their friends. You gotta leave 'em alone a little bit sooner or later.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And that is exactly how my mother raised me. Healthy fear. It kept me safe. Good advice.

Board footer