You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: The Chinese Democracy Sequel References Thread

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, and Axl will have both Ron and DJ re-record it 16

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I completely disagree. Ron needs to be kept away from anything Robin did.

DJ is the only guy than can make it tolarable. I'm sorry, not really trying to piss Russ off, but that's actually been my biggest issue with Robin and his NIN-style from day one... my ears rarely like it. The only times I ever liked Robin's stuff was when it was more melodic and less experimental/eccentric-sounding. DJ pretty much made the This I Love solo 10x better imo. DJ's take was the first time I ever even liked that solo. Even when I listen to the studio version now I want to lay DJ's live solo over the top of Robin's.

dj

jmo

P.S.

fortus

Might actually be an AWESOME option for Robin's stuff tbh, even though I said "only" above. Richard has a real Slash-style to his playing on quite a bit. He might not use as much modern-melody tone as DJ, but Richard might could take Robin's stuff and return it more to a traditional old GN'R sound.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I read somewhere that the next batch of material axl had was darker than CD. Maybe there's one of the problems - the band have been touring a classic rock show but the vault is darker/heavier/industrial stuff that doesn't fit with that.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID

misterID wrote:

The only Robin solo DJ made better was IRS. I hate that Steve Stevens generic shit he does.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Hey Axl , whats your favourite song from either Chinese Democracy, or from an unreleased album?

Dexter wrote:

The bridge in "Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul aka The Soul Monster (working title Leave Me Alone), which will no doubt end up "Soul Monster".

I think it's r most Black Sabbath moment. Sang it on a Christmas eve. Imo the meanest section of anything I've sung to date. Which, having said that, I'm sure when it's heard others may disagree, but we felt it was a Christmas card of unadulterated venom so to speak. I felt a lot better afterward.

Soul Monster dates back to 2002, when Marco Beltrami did orchestration for it.

Marco Beltrami wrote:

They had finished tracks [...] and then I added orchestral stuff on top of it. [...] The music was eclectic and at the time that I was doing it [...] they pretty much had the band tracks down, [but] there were no lyrics on the songs that I was working on." (Marco Beltrami, IGN, 07/20/03)

I'd be intrigued to think Soul Monster vocals were recorded after the downfall of the 2002 tour, but we may never know for sure.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Beltrami also said Seven was the best of the bunch.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer