You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Superman Thread.

Good point! Returns was truly Superman 3 in my opinion and at least wasn't god awful like 3 & 4: Quest for Peace! I just wish it was more original.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

They should have released the 2 minute Comic Con trailer instead of this shitty cock tease of a trailer.

Me_Wise_Magic

They always pull this crap every year with footage.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Bono wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

As for the vapour trails, we're talking about a man flying through the air, which is far fetched to begin with. I just thought the sonic boom things were a really cool effect.

Yes I'm fully aware that we're talking about a man who flys but again he's not a man. The fact they toss in an effect that suggests he has an engine propelling him is pretty goofey. Yes I get it's not realistic to begin with but when things like that are added it's a pet peeve of mine. Like watching Star Wars and having Jedi's fall hundreds of feet and bounce back up like it's no big deal. Or watching a  stupid Michael Bay action scene. At some point the fantasy crosses a line and I start to roll my eyes. When I saw the vapor trail I rolled my eyes cause Superman doesn't produce exhaust 16  But I do like the sonic boom. That part is cool.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Just saw the trailer on facebook a few minutes. Fucking amazing! Now that looks like a Superman movie! So excited. The trailer itself is perfect.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I was never a massive Superman fan. Took me years to watch the original RICHARD DONNER-ONLY versions of I & II, because I was always more of a "no special powers" superhero kind of guy. I like things like Batman, or RoboCop or Iron Man. Amending actual human beings with talents, or giving them mechnical upgrades. That i'm fine with. Never saw X-Men either.

Told you all of that to tell you this...

That Superman trailer looks absolutely stellar and I immediately wanted to see it. Looks like a Nolan-take on Superman. Does anybody recommend Superman Returns for viewing? I've always been told III & IV are basically the Schumacher Batman-films of Superman.

Me_Wise_Magic

Superman Returns is a good movie in terms of special effects and Kevin Spacey makes a great Lex. Brandon Routh looks the part; but lacks Superman's human qualities and mopes throughout most of the movie. Does Clark the right way from a Reeves style. The problem with Returns it tries too hard to be Donner like film; but without Singer using his own direction in how he does character development so well.  Despite that it's worth a look see. I won't spoil any of the plot details any further. I would check it out for yourself.  Definitely better than the crap that is III and IV. Those movies are unwatchable. Despite Reeves intentions for IV.  Batman Forever is better than both of those films. Batman & Robin would be in the league of both III & IV in my honest opinion.  This trailer for MOS from what I've seen is going to blow Returns out of the water and rip it to shreds.

Me_Wise_Magic

Speaking of Superman. Check this out. I'm so backing this! Just for this guy to..GET IN THE CAGE!!! ..and his dojo!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/127 … t-happened

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Man, that trailer gave me chills.

Board footer