You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Slash Apocalytipic Love album/singles Chart positions

Smoking Guns wrote:

That Civil War is badass from the Guitar Sesssions!!!!!  Wow..

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I wonder why they cut the GNR stuff.

Could be to save money on royalties he'd have to pay the other GNR songwriters for using the tracks, or maybe it's a marketing decision to tip the balance in favour of  new material....like he thinks it's fine to have GNR tracks on one of the live discs but on both is overkill.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Funny how "success" changed over the years. Two number 1 rock singles used to mean millions of albums sold. Now, I don't think Slash would have sold more than 100,000 copies in the US and more than 500,000 worldwide (probably it's close to its half!), although much more people saw him live on the current tour.

First, let me preface this, I mean no offense to Slash here.  But back in the day when Rock music was actually popular and had a presence on the "pop" charts.  Two #1 singles would lead to albums going gold and platinum.  But nowadays it's damn near impossible for a rock song to have such success.  Pop stars still can have limited success in selling records.  Although their numbers obviously would've been much larger back in the day as well.  It is what it is.

Regardless though.  A great accomplishment for Slash and the boys, and a well deserved #1 song I must say.  I still don't think "You're A Lie" was worthy of its ranking. tongue

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

This album keeps getting better and better. Halo and or Anastasia deserve their time now. You're A Lie has grown on me, Standing smokes it though.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think No More Heroes would be an awesome single single. Not for Me has great chances as well. Anastacia should be the 4th and last single. He could have 4 Number 1 spots at the Rock chart.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=255613

Standing in The Sun Number 1 now on Mainstream Rock Chart.. SO he hit number 1 on Active and Mainstream.

2 for 2 on singles.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
-D- wrote:

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=255613

Standing in The Sun Number 1 now on Mainstream Rock Chart.. SO he hit number 1 on Active and Mainstream.

2 for 2 on singles.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I think No More Heroes would be an awesome single single. Not for Me has great chances as well. Anastacia should be the 4th and last single. He could have 4 Number 1 spots at the Rock chart.

I guess Anastasia is the next single.  Posted by FunkyMonkey on HTGTH.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m … mID=185856

SLASH: 'Anastasia' Video Released - Feb. 5, 2013
"Anastasia", the new video from legendary guitarist Slash's (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES), can be seen below. The song comes off his second solo album, "Apocalyptic Love", which sold around 38,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 4 on The Billboard 200 chart.

Slash's self-titled debut album scored the highest new entry on The Billboard 200 chart in April 2010, with first-week U.S. sales of around 60,000 copies.

The former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist is now releasing his music through his own label, Dik Hayd Records, and The Pulse Of Radio asked him how that compares to working with major labels in the past. "It's really enabling me to make records and be able to put them out myself so I don't have to do the gamble with the big record companies," he said. "Now as far as like the glory days of the record business, that's something — yeah, I mean, you can miss it, but it's changed so much and most of the companies have turned into such conglomerates, it's pointless to really sort of miss the old days 'cause they're long gone."

Unlike Slash's solo debut, which featured different vocalists on each track and a number of guest musicians, Slash has recorded all of the new CD with his touring band, MYLES KENNEDY AND THE CONSPIRATORS.

Kennedy also sang with Slash and other former members of GUNS N' ROSES when the band was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in April 2012.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Bout time!!!! Killer tune!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Jesus, unreal everytime i hear that

Anastasia intro is my Ringtone!! 21

Board footer