You are not logged in. Please register or login.

curro
 Rep: 7 

Re: Guns n´Roses Australian tour officially confirmed

curro wrote:

McManus Entertainment has announced the return to Australia of one of the world's greatest rock bands, GUNS N' ROSES, in March. Joining GUNS N' ROSES will be special guests ZZ TOP and Aussie rockers ROSE TATTOO.

Promoter Andrew McManus says: "I can't wait for these shows next March. Axl Rose is a legend and I can't wait to see GUNS N' ROSES play to their legion of Aussie fans again. I'm so proud to be bringing them back to Australia and am looking forward to a great tour with fellow rockers ZZ TOP and ROSE TATTOO."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m … mID=184978

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Cool so it's Rose Tattoo that has replaced The Angels.

Bring on the "Nice Boys" duet with Angry Anderson.  Deja Vu to the 2007 Aussie tour!!!

curro
 Rep: 7 

curro wrote:

I hope any of these dates suit you.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Hey Monkey, Metallex and Gibbo, did you see there is a presale on Monday?

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Hey Monkey, Metallex and Gibbo, did you see there is a presale on Monday?

What type of venue are they playing? Capacity? I fully understand everyone does presales these days but I coudln't help but laugh at the thought of Guns fans needing to get in on the presale. Like the demand will be so great in the general sale that you better not risk it 16 I mean I get it with other bands like Metallica, U2, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters etc etc etc  But it almost seems commical at this point for Gn'R to have one.

Than again I don't know what the demand is for this band in Australia.

And again though I realize presales are the norm for every band so...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Thanks Aussie smile I already got some bad ass tickets through a ticket club type thing I use but I appreciate the heads up!

As for market demand.

1993 in Melbourne - 75,000 people
2007 in Melbourne - 2 shows of 15,000 each
2010 - no show in melbourne, nearest show Adelaide (smaller city) - 12,000
2013 - Potential capacity is up to around 25,000 (it's an outdoor arrangement seating then hills of  grassland where you watch festival style)

In terms of the presales...our ticketing companies do it for nearly everything here...not just rock even...like comedians...pretty much any mid sized overseas act you'd have heard of.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

This is the place they're playing in melbourne:

Carols%20by%20Candlelight,%20Australia-resized-600.jpg

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

yeah no they have presales for everything here to. I just foudn the humr in Gn'R "needing" a presale kinda funny.  It's just not like it once was ya know where if you had a presale opportunity you better take it cause it's gonna be insane when the general public goes on sale. I can't imagine that's the case anymore.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I see what you mean.

I was keen for the presale for this show because it seems like a rare chance to see  rock band from the front with a reserved seat.

This venue is really unusual in that there's seats in front of the stage, then the general admission section goes back onto the grass behind...meaning unless they somehow reconfigure things (and it doesn't look like they have from the pricing structure) there's no GA mosh pit type thing.

So I was uber keen to book as the idea of the front without fighting sounds awesome to an old man like me with neck issues!

But I know what you mean, it's not going to be one of those concerts that sells out in 15 seconds then there's a riot.

Although I think it will sell ok. Axl's not played here since 2007, and ZZ top sold out a 5,000 strong room on their last tour here. There's a reasonable following of classic rock in melbourne....although I'm also sure there's a strong protest vote from the "it's not GNR" people - based on the posts on all the music news sites here when they announced the tour.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I would still find presales useful IF they guaranteed you better seats. But I've never found that to be the case. So since Guns don't sellout like they once did, the presales don't seem to serve much of a purpose. Again, unless you are able to score some sick tickets. Then, by all means.

Board footer